My First Custom Build!!!!
December 8th 2005
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- Asus P5WD2 Premium Motherboard,
- Intel Pentium 4 HT 640 3.2 @ 3.8ghz =
- Club3D Radeon X800XL 256mb VIVO =
- 4x (2x shown in pic) 512mb 533mhz DDR2 @ 700mhz (dual channel) =
- SATA 80gb Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm =
- LG Flatron 17" 1280/1024 TFT monitor =
- LG DVD+R/+RW =
Overclocked CPU to 3.85ghz from 3.2 Overclocked and Tweaked GFX card to get 6k+ in 3dmark05 Got bored and painted PSU
===This is my First Custom build, and considering i'm 16, I'm very happy with it!!! ===I just spent 3 hours yesterday neatening the cables, and even now, they're not especially tidy. After this, i have learned how difficult it is to keep the wires out of sight. I now have a lot of respect to those with neat cases!!! GJ people! ===The case fans need replacing. They're very powerful, but are noisy and are falling apart after 50hours use... :P ===The Acrylic needs cleaning and polishing properly. I was in a rush to get it all in! ===Please no-one start telling me how crap intel is, I really don't want to hear it. Same applies to the nVidia fanboys. ===Any tips and suggestions are welcome!