A PC in a Powermac 7200
April 26th 2011
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- CPU- 3.2GHz Intel Pentium D LGA 775
- GPU- Stock on-board Intel chipset
- RAM- 1GB DDR2 (2 512MB sticks in 2 slots)
- Cooling- Generic LGA 775 heatsink
- PSU- 300 or 350W Delta power supply
- HDD- 200GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA
- CD- CD/RW
- Motherboard- Intel D945GTP desktop motherboard
PSU modifications (extended wires, heatsink trimming), Case mods (put into a genuine macintosh powermac 7200 case, case slightly modified to fit motherboard+PSU), and I replaced the Windows startup tone wth one from the real mac.
So I had a day off from school and decided to finish one of my projects I started a while ago after reading a similar post on Instructables. (www.instructables.com) It was a PC in a Mac Classic case, running Mac OSX, mine runs Windows XP. Here is a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P2XESRDsgY and hey, I'm only 14 years old.