November 3rd 2011
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- CASE: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel
- MOBO: Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 (Bios F4)
- CPU: AMD Bulldozer 8150 FX @ 4.4Ghz
- RAM: 6Gb G.skill DDR3 1600Mhz (4GBNQ)
- GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2Gb
- Monitor: HP 2509b
- SSD/HDD: Kingston V100 64Gb/ WD Caviar Black 640Gb
- SOUND: HT|Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard / Asus Xonar U3 Shure SRH440 , V-Moda Crossfade LP customs , Razer Megalodon
- PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w
- PERIPHERALS: Signature Black Edition Razer Deathadder 1211/1337 , Razer Mamba 2012
- Logitech G15v2 / G13
- COOLING: XSPC Rasa 450 + Cooler Master R4-C2R-20AC-GP 120mm + Swiftech MCR320-QP.
- Darkside (Dazmode) custom cabling.
- Red thumbscrews , Lamptron Fan-atic from Xoxide.
- This system idles at 22 degrees on all components.
- On full extreme load for 2 hours it peaks at 35 degrees. What is an extreme load you ask?
- I had prime95 , Heaven Benchmark aswell as encoding audio and video workloads all at the same time. Note that the GPU reaches 54 degrees at 100% and the fan auto throttles to 60%.
- It is also overclocked slightly to 840mhz core and 1325mhz memory. I get a constant 60 fps in Battlefield 3 at Ultra settings. As for the coolant i am using straight up distilled water with Dazmode protector. Thanks for checking it out please leave a vote and if you have any questions don't be shy!
- Cheers ,
- John "Neo_182" Cauvier
- please see links at bottom for products i used)
Nothing fancy. All the fans are equipped with rubberized grommets so they do not rattle. They also have high quality dust filters. I will be airbrushing the case after the holidays and will post more pics soon. :)
I had my heart set on getting the new 8 core AMD CPU. Despite what most reviews are saying i still purchased one. And let me be the one to tell you this thing rocks. I use this PC primarily for gaming , video and audio editing. Its hard to dispute this processor is no good when i encode a 2 hour H.264 video + 5 audio albums to FLAC in about 3 minutes. For this build i chose to tone down the light show (See Allyson Bloodscream) put in high quality dust filters and keep it relatively silent (At least compared to old rig...) Which i have achieved. I will eventually add another ATi 6950 and do a little more cable management. I am still in the first days using the new build so stuff might change around some more. I'd like to thank Dazmode for the excellent service they provided with my order aswell as the awesome darkside single braid cables they offer. I will be entering this build in Xoxides build of the month for November 2011. :)