Antec 300 First Ever PC Build/MOD
February 23rd 2012
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- CASE: ANTEC 300
- MOBO: ASUS P8Z68M-PRO
- CPU: INTEL i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
- COOLER: ANTEC KUHLER H2O 620
- MEM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE (2X4GB) DDR3 1600
- VGA: MSI GTX 460 HAWK TALON ATTACK
- OPTICAL: BLU-RAY BURNER, CD/DVD BURNER
- SOUND: ROCKETFISH 5.1
- PSU: ROSEWILL CAPSTONE 650W (80 PLUS GOLD)
- HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB 7200rpm
- EXTRA: AFT XM5U All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader
Painted the inside frame black. Drilled 3 x 1.25" holes in back plate for cable management. Installed LED along inside edges of front panel and two "Team Realtree" emblems on outside of front panel. Cut window into the side panel. Lined window with "u channel molding" from MNPCTech. Installed 1/8" Plexi with a fan mounted on the plexi.Installed 2 LED bars along the inside/top of the case. Customized the heatsink on my GTX 460, adding 2 x 120mm fans. Scorpion emblem on heatsink came from my montage of being deployed to Iraq (USMC-2003), which is over-ran with spike tail lizards, scorpions, and desert vipers. Lights were picked up at auto parts stores, so they were already set-up for 12V system so they only required splicing into a molex connector. Copy and paste these addresses into "url bar" to see more about the mods: (http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160851) and (http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160989).
This is my first ever PC build. Thanks for looking.