Harman/Kardon HTPC & External Storage
October 23rd 2012
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- Main system
- Proccessor: Intel Core i3 2100
- Motherboard: MSI H61MU-E35 (B3)
- Videocard: Onboard
- Memory: 4Gb Kingston low profile RAM
- Storage: OZC Vertex II 60gb
- Samsung EcoGreen 2TB HDD
- Powersupply: Be Quiet! Pure Power L7 430W
- Cooling: Scythe Big Shuriken CPU cooler
- Case: Harman/Kardon AVR 355 Receiver housing
- External Storage
- Storage: 2x Samsung EcoGreen 2TB HDD
- Optical: Pioneer bluray drive
- Case: Harman/Kardon DVD 29 housing
Custom build by Meelobee.
I used to use my Playstation 3 in combination with PS3 media server to stream media from my pc to my ps3 (1080p, DTS.) This worked but wasn't the most energy efficient way to do it. (My pc, ps3, receiver and tv all had to be on.) Because my hands where itching to build something and to make watching a movie a bit more efficient I made a low energy HTPC capable of running 1080p DTS movies.