Jabil Tabor 440BX Aspire
August 18th 2006
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- Name: Jabil Tabor 440BX Aspire.
- Housing/Case: Acer Aspire (98' vintage)ATX case with PowMax 450watt power supply.
- Motherboard: Jabil Tabor Pentium2/3 Slot-1,intel 440BX chipset ATX form factor motherboard(Gateway 2000 pull).
- CPU: 1Ghz Pentium3 socket370 on "Slocket" adapter.
- Memory: 192MB 128pin SDRAM.
- Floppy Disk Drive: Acer OEM 1.44MB floppy disk drive.
- Harddrive(s): One Maxtor 10GB EIDE UDMA HDD, one Maxtor 30GB EIDE UDMA HDD.
- DVD-RW/CD-RW/CD-ROM: Sony DW-Q30A.
- Display Adapter: ATI RAGE LT Pro x2 AGP with 8MB video SGRAM.
- USB Ports:(7) Two 1.1's OEM on motherboard, two on PCI expansion card, four on USB hub.
- Mouse/Pointing Device: Logitech optical mouse
- Keyboard: Kensington 101-key keyboard.
- LAN: Generic 10/100 RJ-45 ethernet.
- Monitor: ViewSonic 17" UltraBrite A70f+ SVGA CRT monitor.
- Soundcard: I/O Magic Crystal chipset soundcard.
- Speakers: Altec Lansing stereo computer speakers.
- WebCam: Logitech USB QuikCam.
- Video Capture Card: FAST Elecronics FPS/60 S-video/Composite video ISA capture card with MPEG-1 encoding/decoding daughter card.
- Fans: Original Intel OEM socket370 CPU Heatsink/Fan assembly, three 80mm 4 LED fans(one blue, two red).
My good computer friend Sttomcat3 custom cut out the side-window opening, and installed the window/fan. The Acer case's original Acer OEM CD-ROM did'nt work, so we removed it and secured a black cross-hatch screen grill in which we mounted illuminating LEDs. He did the same to a front half of louvered former dual-fan 5.25" exhaust vent. He installed various LEDs in it. Some case badges, and theres my Acer Aspire given a "Make-Over".