Seagate's Blue Mod

Posted:
May 20th 2007
Updated:
Viewed:
9,080 times
Rating:
Outstanding (7.0)
Voting Graph 1 votes total
Submit vote:
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
Key Features:
Intel CPU NVIDIA Graphics
System Specs:
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2,13Ghz @ 2,84Ghz
  • Asus P5B
  • Zalman 9500 CPU cooler
  • 2x Samsung 1GB Memory 667mhz [DualChannel]
  • MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB @ 620mhz / 2020mhz
  • 1x W.D 500GB SATA2 HD + 1x Samsung 160GB IDE HD
  • ASUS DVD-RAM
  • Samsung SyncMaster 940BW
  • Aerocool AeroEngine II
  • Zalman 600w Modular Heatpipe Cooled
Performed Mods:
2x Blue Cathode Lights Fan Grill Cut-out Need to be adjusted with more permanent mod: Closed sidefan "rosted" with transparent tape Closed the back airholes with black tape Added a fan controller
UPDATED! REWIRED EVERYTHING! NEW PICTURES !! Still the beginning of my projects, still needs some tweaks! You'll see lots of blue...I like blue (figures ^^) Still need to do some of stuff , so i'll keep this updated. Comments pleased, and techniques too :)
Add your own comment

11 Comments on Seagate's Blue Mod

#1
Unregistered
For the cathode fix.. you could just buy some Velcro adhesive strips and try to re-seat it, nice rig tho it could use some wire management.
Posted on Edit | Reply
#2
Seagate
DiabloAzul126 said:
For the cathode fix.. you could just buy some Velcro adhesive strips and try to re-seat it, nice rig tho it could use some wire management.
Ah yes offcoarse ! Even i could've came up with that one. And yea the wire management needs a big update hehe.
Posted on Reply
#4
tkpenalty
messy =_=... if you could make the routing of the cables shorter, its waaay too loose.
Posted on Reply
#5
Seagate
tkpenalty said:
messy =_=... if you could make the routing of the cables shorter, its waaay too loose.
I Rewired it !!
Posted on Reply
#6
Seagate
Seagate said:
Ah yes offcoarse ! Even i could've came up with that one. And yea the wire management needs a big update hehe.
Check it out ! Rewired !
Posted on Reply
#7
Unregistered
It looks a lot nicer now, since you did tidy the cables. Blue LEDs is always nice.
Posted on Edit | Reply
#8
Hawk1
Very nice. 7/10. If your adventurous, try and run that ribbon cable under the Mobo or try some oragami with it. Very nice look overall.
Posted on Reply
#9
tkpenalty
Hawk1 said:
Very nice. 7/10. If your adventurous, try and run that ribbon cable under the Mobo or try some oragami with it. Very nice look overall.
Origami is better than under the mobo, under the mobo and ur soldering points could potentially damage the IDE cable.
Posted on Reply
#10
Seagate
tkpenalty said:
Origami is better than under the mobo, under the mobo and ur soldering points could potentially damage the IDE cable.
Yea, i'll probally just get a rounded IDE cable :)
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment