Last year was a big one for 1MORE. They released a couple of excellent neckband-style wireless headphones, like the award-winning 1MORE Dual Driver BT ANC (reviewed here), but also launched their first pair of True Wireless Stereo (TWS) headphones—the 1MORE Stylish True Wireless (reviewed here) offering a bunch of great features and very good sound quality for a reasonable price of $99/€89, which is why they were given the Great Value and Editor's Choice awards in my review.
Toward the end of 2019 1MORE mysteriously notified me about an upcoming new product in the TWS headphone department. They weren't willing to share anything other than the fact that these headphones are going to aim for the flattering title of the best TWS headphones on the market—no more, no less. My first thought was wow, that's insanely ambitious for one simple reason: TWS headphones are currently the best-selling technological product in the world. Just about everyone is making them, both from the tech and audio worlds alike, and the competition is incredibly stiff. Does 1MORE really have what it takes to make a better, more functional, and nicer sounding product than, say, Sony, Sennheiser, Cambridge Audio, Bose, or Apple?
Well, that aforementioned product is now officially out, and it's the 1MORE True Wireless ANC. It's feature-packed to the brim. These TWS headphones are built around a 10-millimeter titanium dynamic driver with an added balanced armature (per earpiece) and equipped with Active Noise Canceling (ANC) technology, both touch and physical controls, infrared sensors for the auto-pause feature, Apple and Google voice assistant support, quick charging and wireless charging, and a number of replacement ear tips and additional stabilizers. Their charging cradle sports a 410 mAh battery, with the earpieces running on 55 mAh batteries. The specified battery life of the earbuds is 6 hours with ANC off or 5 hours with ANC on, both measured with the volume set to 50%. The cradle can fully charge the headphones three times over, bringing the total battery life to around 22 hours. They're based on a Qualcomm CSR Bluetooth 5.0 chip (QCC3034) with SBC, AAC, and aptX audio codec support. Finally, there are four microphones on each earpiece—two for phone calls and voice commands and two for active noise canceling, which we'll discuss in greater detail later in the review.
The spec sheet and feature list both look impressive, no doubt about it. Read on to find out if 1MORE managed to reach their goal and produce the best pair of TWS headphones in existence.
- Dual driver design (1x 10-mm titanium dynamic driver + 1x balanced armature)
- Bluetooth 5.0 (SBC, AAC, aptX)
- 55 mAh battery per earpiece / 410 mAh battery in the case
- Battery life of 6 hours with ANC off and 5 hours with ANC on (22 hours in total with the case)
- True Wireless Stereo (TWS) design
- Built-in microphone (2x for ANC, 2x for phone calls/voice commands)
- Built-in touch and physical controls (next/previous/Play/Pause, answer/drop calls, ANC levels, voice assistant)
- Apple Siri and Google Assistant support
- 3 pairs of silicone triangular ear tips (S/M/L), 4 pairs of silicone circular ear tips (XS/S/M/L), 3 pairs of silicone O-hooks (S/M/L), 1 pair of silicone bullhorn hooks (XL), 1 pair of silicone hook clips (XS);
- Carrying pouch and USB-C charging cable
- Weight: 7.9 g (per earpiece) / 63.2 g (earpieces + case)