Benchmark scores in other reviews are only comparable when exactly the same hardware & software configuration is used as in this review.
|Test System - VGA Rev. 16|
|CPU:||Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz|
(Bloomfield, 8192 KB Cache)
|Motherboard:||Gigabyte X58 Extreme|
Intel X58 & ICH10R
|Memory:||3x 2048 MB Mushkin Redline XP3-12800 DDR3 |
@ 1520 MHz 8-7-7-16
|Harddisk:||WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500 GB|
|Power Supply:||Antec HCP-1200 1200W|
|Software:||Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1|
ATI: Catalyst 11.12
HD 7970: Dec 16 Reviewer Driver
|Display:|| LG Flatron W3000H 30" 2560x1600|
- All video card results were obtained on this exact system with the exact same configuration.
- All games were set to their highest quality setting unless indicated otherwise.
- AA and AF are applied via in-game settings, not via the driver's control panel.
- 1024 x 768, No Anti-aliasing. This is a standard resolution without demanding display settings.
- 1280 x 1024, 2x Anti-aliasing. Common resolution for most smaller flatscreens today (17" - 19"). A bit of eye candy turned on in the drivers.
- 1680 x 1050, 4x Anti-aliasing. Most common widescreen resolution on larger displays (19" - 22"). Very good looking driver graphics settings.
- 1920 x 1200, 4x Anti-aliasing. Typical widescreen resolution for large displays (22" - 26"). Very good looking driver graphics settings.
- 2560 x 1600, 4x Anti-aliasing. Highest possible resolution for commonly available displays (30"). Very good looking driver graphics settings.