I would like to thank Danger Den for supplying the review sample.
Back in the days watercooling used to be for those crazy guys that had all kinds of money to spend on parts and toys. Today, watercooling has become much more mainstream, and a lot safer. There are plenty of manufacturers today, creating watercooled systems and components. But when you want to add watercooling to parts you already have, it’s a good idea to go with a company that’s been doing it for a long time. Danger Den has been one of the pioneers in the watercooling of personal computers and greatly helped bring the idea to mainstream computing today.
Danger Den started out as a few of those crazy guys who wanted better watercooling parts than what was available at the time. Originally their idea was to make stuff for themselves, but others who saw their work became interested and demand grew. About six years later Danger Den has become one of the top manufacturers of watercooling blocks for personal computers. Today techPowerUp! has the pleasure of reviewing the Danger Den Tyee full-coverage waterblock for the ATI Radeon X1800 and X1900 series cards. Let's take a look at the specifications:
New Features :
- Known compatible with the X1900/X1950 Standard (slave) and Master. X1800 Standard. Not compatible with AIW cards.
- Uses the Additional RAM Pad mounting points for maximum mounting contact
- Lower profile design to allow use of PCI slots on the top side of the block
- New hold down stainless steel design to allow the use of the PCI slot on the backside of the card.
- Modular design to allow cooling of the MASTER encoder chip and/or the Heat Bridge for the Voltage Regulators
- Complete Block Assembled with Top and Gaskets
- Perfect Seal G 1/4 1/2" or 3/8" OD Fittings
- Just one Inlet and Outlet for complete cooling
- Low flow restriction low pressure drop
- Stainless Steel Hold Downs
- Hand Lapped
- Pressure tested before shipment
- Complete Block Assembled with Top, Gaskets, and Fittings. Ships with Hold Down
- Materials, Backing Plate, and Insulating Foam.
- Please leak test 24hrs upon receipt.
- Verify secure mount 48hrs after installation.
- Standard Version for single card cooling solutions.
- Prep for Crossfire - Adds additional plugged ports for later conversions to Crossfire
- Heat Bridge - For cooling the voltage regulators
- Encoder Bridge - Required for cooling the Video Encoder chip on the MASTER Cards ONLY