I would like to thank Diamond Multimedia for supplying the review sample.
I received the Diamond Viper X1900XT sometime back and I must say at the time the Diamond Viper X1900XT was the lowest priced option and is still one of the lowest priced cards available today.
Diamond Multimedia corporate headquarters is located in Chatsworth, California with another location in Deurne, Belgium and has through the years specialized in many forms of multimedia technology. From producing not only graphic cards, Diamond Multimedia has produced modems, sound cards and MP3 players. Did you know Diamond Multimedia created one of the first consumer MP3 players called the Rio PMP300? They have since sold their MP3 player line, but still offer a range of multimedia products. In this review we'll take a look at this X1900XT offering from Diamond Multimedia along with some basic X1900XT functionality and overclocking tips provided by djbbenn using ATITool.
It's well known that a majority of ATI cards are manufactured in the Sapphire factories and are distributed to other ATI Video Card OEMs. Since most of these offerings are referred to as ATI reference PCB, we’ll lay a Powercolor X1900XT along side the Diamond offering and compare the similarities and if any differences are to be found. With that in mind let’s check out the Diamond Viper X1900XT.
- GPU: ATI Radeon® X1900XT
- Bus Type: PCI-Express x16
- Memory Support: 512MB GDDR3
- Memory Interface: 256 bit
- Core Clock Speed: 625 MHz
- Memory Speed: 1.45 GHz
- Shader Units: 48
- Geometry Pipelines: 8
- Peak Pixel Fill Rate: 10 Gpixels/sec
- Peak Vertex Throughput: 1250
- Peak Memory Bandwidth: 46.4 GB/s
- API Support: DirectX¨ 9.0, OpenGL
- Dual DVI & VIVO
- 90 Nanometer Technology
- 48 pixel shader processors
- 384 million transistors on 90nm
- 8 vertex shader processors
- 256-bit 8-channel GDDR3 memory interface
- Lightning fast memory clock speeds
- New cache design, latency improvements
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering
- Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 & Shader Model 3.0
- AVIVO and 3D excellence
- CATALYST Software Drivers
- Simultaneously drive 2 High Resolution panels
- HDTV Support