Filling the rig with components is nothing out of the ordinary. Dimastech has supplied so many thumb screws, that you can use them virtually everywhere possible. On the left we have a black SATA DVD drive, while the right 3.5 bay holds the 30 GB OCZ SOLID 2 SSD. In the rear we have installed the Jersey Power 550W Modular PSU, one of which will power each rig from now on.
The Asus P7P55D-E Pro looks really spiffy on the metallic grey arch with its blue connectors. There is nothing out of the ordinary required to install the board unto the Benchtable. Once again, the thumb screws are used to secure the board to the spacers. The one issue I had here is the size of the screws, which are just a tad too large to use them comfortably around the electronic components of the board.
Upon wanting to secure the flooring to the arch, I ran into a rather substantial problem. The fine threaded thumb screws, which are the only screws that fit the thread of the holes, are too short to hold the two parts together. I could not get the threads to grip. as the screw shaft is to short and won't reach. Luckily I have a substantial stash of screws and managed to find four that had the same thread but were about twice as long. The second issue is the close call between the mainboard rear connectivity and the expansion slot bracket. While most of you would most likely not use the audio connectivity on a bench table, some may, and that is too close for comfort.
Once everything was assembled, the Dimastech Benchtable V2.5 made a really good impression. I love the metallic grey, which is a great step up from the white ones I had been using until now. I loved my two Benchtable Easy V2s and I have been relying heavily on them for the past year, but I really look forward to using the new V2.5, especially for the front mounted USB 2.0 and the new buttons along with the new color.
Last but not least, I also installed the flexible fan mount. By trying to do so, I broke one of them as you can see in the image above. This is certainly my own fault, especially since I was told numerous times, that I should treat the threading carefully - which I obviously did not. But then the question arises, why not use a double threaded pin instead of something like this. Simply make a threaded hole - just like on the end facing the fan has, and screw in a pin which has threads going one way on one end and in the opposite direction on the other end - problem solved. This thing is way too fragile and there is bound to be a lot of RMA and issues about it.