IntroductionI would like to thank G.SKILL for providing us with the reviewed memory.
From the Manufacturer:
- Package : 1024MB kit (2x512MB) dual channel pack
- IC Spec : Samsung TCC5 or TCCD
- CAS Latency : 2.5-4-4-8 (PC4400)
- Test Voltage : 2.7~2.9 V
- PCB Board : 6 Layers PCB
- Speed : DDR 550 MHz (PC4400)
- Type : 184-pin DDR SDRAM
- Error Checking : Non-ECC
- Registered/Unbuffered : Unbuffered
- Quality Control : Comprehensive rigorously tested in pair at dual channel environment
- Warranty : Lifetime
The Blister Pack from G.SKILL can be easily opened without a knife, so there is no risk of injuries. The plastic feels a bit soft, I think a bit stronger plastic might be a good improvement to reduce the risk of shipping damage.
The "background" paper in the blister pack can be folded open and reveals some info about G.SKILL, their testing methods and a contact address.
Each module has a sticker on it, which gives the rated speed and the stock timings.
The heatspreaders are golden color, but they seem to be made from a very light-weight metal, certainly not copper.
Also the area where contact is made with the memory is rather small, so I doubt the heatspreaders contribute to the memory's performance. At least they help protect against breaking off any small components when installing/uninstalling the memory.