Value and Conclusion
- The Lexar JumpDrive S73 USB 3.0 flash drive with 32 GB sells for around 20 Euros including taxes or 29 USD excluding taxes at various eTailers.
- Affordable USB 3.0 flash drive
- Less than 1 USD / Gigabyte
- Faster than USB 2.0 read speeds with 45 MB/s
- Retracting USB connector
- Embedded activity LED
- Three-year warranty
- Available with up to 64 GB
- Fairly slow USB 3.0 write performance of 18 MB/s
- Fairly slow USB 2.0 write performance
- Housing sounds hollow
- Only one specific color per capacity
The Lexar JumpDrive S73 is by no means a speed demon, but it works just as advertised. The drive is perfect for those looking for a cheap, colorful drive with plenty of space. Clocking in at just under 30 dollars, the unit offers just that while adding the benefit of slightly faster read speed with the USB 3.0 connector - speeds that are impossible with USB 2.0. As with most flash drives in the lower price category, the S73 lacks write performance, and its write speed can't fill USB 2.0 bandwidth up fully. The Lexar JumpDrive S73 is, that having been said, worth taking a look at if you are looking for a cheap, flashy, and functional drive, especially because of its retractable USB connector.