I would like to thank OCZ Technology for supplying the review sample.
OCZ Technology has always been known to produce some of the best high performance memory modules on the market today. Their first entry into the gaming mice market was with the Eliminator in the first quarter last year, the mouse did not really meet the gamers and - in the end - OCZ's standards. Their new offering makes a much better impression, both on paper and when seeing it at shows like Computex or Games Convention. It is called Dominatrix and has recently started shipping. The mouse is only available in one size and has some very interesting features, which we will get into during this review.
Technical specifications from OCZ Technology:
- DPI Settings: 400/800/1600/2000
- 500Hz Polling / Report Rate
- Max Tracking speed: up to 45 inch / second
- Frame Rate: 7080 frames / second
- Software Setup Included
- Set X&Y axes up to 3200 DPI w/ software
- Onboard memory (save profiles)
- Customizable weight cartridges up to 40g
- 4-way tilt scroll wheel
- 3 Custom Modes
- Click / Keystroke Recording
- Unlimited Script Profiling / Grouping
- Import / Export Profiles
- Loop and Fire Key Recording Capability
- Ability to Record in Intervals / Duration
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista (32-bit only)
- 3-year warranty
Packaging & Contents
OCZ ships the mouse in a similar packaging, when compared to the Equalizer. The theme and design of the package have changed to a darker blue & black and the flames found on the box of the Equalizer are gone. The Dominatrix mouse can be viewed through the clear plastic mold and the back mentions all the features of the device.
A plain manual and CD can be found within the package. The CD holds the manual, software and drivers to get the most out of the Dominatrix.
The device also includes a weight system, so that you may adjust the overall weight of the Dominatrix to fit your personal preference. This is a very nice feature, usually found on more expensive mice. There are seven weights, all of which are of equal size and weight.