IntroductionWhile the previous products QNAP offered basically kept increasing storage capacity by adding more drive bays, the TS-509 Pro actually offers a serious hardware upgrade.
Upgrading the CPU to a 1.6 GHz Celeron backed by 1 GB of DDR2 RAM should prove to increase performance, as previous models were bottlenecked by the low-power but relatively slow ARM CPU.
Some of the features, as QNAP advertises them.
- Advanced RAID redundancy with expandability and upgradeability
- Easy setup, low-cost maintenance
- Superior Performance
- Touch-N-Go PC-less Installation
- Schedule Power on/ off
- Wake on LAN
- Dual Gigabit LAN Ports for More Deployment Options
- Complete Backup Solutions
- Ease of User and Share Folder Management
- Software expansion via QPKG Center
|Application:||5x3.5" SATA HD, up to 5 USB devices, 1x eSATA|
|Dimensions:||261 x 188 x 261 mm (H x W x D)|
|Interface:||2x Gigabit Ethernet|
|Power supply:||ATX 250W, Input: 100-264 Vac~, 46-63Hz, 5A|
|Supported filesystems:||FAT, FAT32, EXT3, NTFS (read only)|
|Hardware specifications:||CPU: Celeron 420 @ 1.6 GHz|
RAM: 1 GB DDR2