I would like to thank Saitek for providing the review sample.
The Saitek GM3200 Laser Mouse has the following specifications:
- 4 stage (800/1600/2400/3200) DPI gives on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment to match mouse speed to game environment
- 6 programmable buttons and DPI toggle with LED status indicator
- Soft-touch mouse buttons and rubberized scroll wheel for total comfort and extreme performance
- Gold plated, full speed USB connector
- SST software programs mouse controls and saves settings as game-specific profiles
- Instantly switch between 2 pre-configured profiles during games using the profile button
- Super-cool, pulsating lighting effects
- Lightweight, non-tangle 2.5m cable with Velcro tie
The full color box has the same layout as the Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit, with a window showing the entire mouse in all its red beauty. The back lists the mouse features in multiple languages.
Even though the outside cardboard package is quite thick and sturdy, Saitek has packed the entire mouse in some clear, molded plastic to further protect it from damage during shipping. There are no solder points in the plastic. It is simply taped together at three spots.
The only other thing included is a software CD which contains the software to set the mouse up the way you want, but more on that later.