IntroductionI would like to thank Sapphire Technology for supplying the tested motherboard.
AMD/ATI recently launched their first new chipset, called the AMD 690 which is based on the RS690G/V. A few days ago at CeBIT, Sapphire announced their RS690 motherboard. It comes with Sapphire's white PCB and offers all the chipset's features like HDMI on board.
For more information about the chipset, read our AMD 690 Preview.
|Processor||All AMD Athlon64 AM2 processors, including Athlon FX Series|
|HT Speed||1000 MHz|
|Chipset||AMD RS690G + AMD SB600|
|Memory||4x 240 Pin DDR2, Dual Channel DDR533/667/800, up to 8 GB|
|Slots||1x PCI-E x16|
1x PCI-E x1
|HDD Connectivity||1x ATA-133|
|Networking||1x 10/100/1000 Mbps - Realtek RTL8110S-32 via PCI|
|Ports||12x USB 2.0 (4 on Back Panel)|
|Audio||7.1 Realtek ALC882D HD Audio + Digital Dolby|
|Form Factor||MicroATX 244 x 244mm|
- AMD® RS690G+SB600 Chipset.
- Support for AMDTM K8 Processor in a Socket AM2 package.
- Support Hypertransport interface bus.
- Flexible motherboard design with onboard VRM, easy to upgrade with future AMDTM K8 processors.
- 0.800V to 1.55V in 25mV steps.
- A total of four 240 pin DDRII SDRAM sockets (optional).
- DIMM sizes from 64 Mbytes to 4Gbyte.
- Supports Dual Channel 128-bit Wide Memory Interface.
- Supports 533/667/800 DDRII SDRAM memory types.[list]System BIOS[list]
- PnP, APM, ATAPI and Windows® 2000/XP.
- Full support of ACPI & DMI.
- Auto detects and supports LBA harddisk with capacities over 160GB.
- Easy to upgrade BIOS by end-user.
- Supports Plug and Play specification 1.1.
- Plug and play for Windows® 2000, as well as Windows® XP.
- Fully steerable PCI interrupts.
- Integrated ATI PCIE X1250 graphic core.
- Supports CRT or TV Out display.
- Integrated DAC and CRT controllers.
- Full screen/full speed video playback.
- Up to 2048x1536, non-interlaced screen resolution for CRT.
- Support DVI-D port (via header) (optional)[list]TV Out (optional)[list]
- Integrated TV encoder.
- 10-bit DAC with 4-tap filter.
- PAL/NTSC TV Out with Composite and S-Video outputs (via a header).
- ATI’s exclusive “Composite Dot Crawl” freeze option for PAL and NTSC to improve the picture quality.
- TV-Out power management support.
- Includes 2 OHCI host controllers.
- Includes 1 EHCI USB2.0 Host Controller that supports all ports (Bandwidth is shared between the all ports).
- This motherboard supports USB 2.0 only on Windows® 2000 (with SP4 or above) and Windows® XP (with SP1 or above) operation
- One 16-lane PCI Express graphics port, fully compliant with the PCI Express Base Specification revision 1.0a.
- A base PCI Express frequency of 2.5Gb/s only.
- PCI Express support and Enhanced Addressing Mechanism.[list]PCI Express X1 Ports[list]
- Full PCI Express 1.0a compliant.
- One virtual channel support for full isochronous data transfers.
- Support for full 2.5Gb/s bandwidth in each direction per X1 lane.
- One onboard PCI fast IDE ports supporting up to 2 ATA, ATA2 , Ultra ATA33/66/100/133 IDE HDDs, CD-ROMs, ZIP drives and LS-120
- One ECP/EPP parallel port.
- One 16550 Compatible UART serial port (via a header).
- One floppy port which supports two FDD of 1.44MB, 2.88MB capacity.
- Ten USB ports (six ports via three headers).
- PS/2 keyboard support.
- PS/2 mouse support.
- One front panel sound connector.
- Infrared (IrDA) support via a header.
drives as boot drive.
- Provides 32-bit performance, PCI bus master capability.
- Full compliance with IEEE 802.3u 100 Base-T specifications and IEEE 802.3X Full Duplex Flow Control.
- Supports 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s and 1000 Mb/s (only for RTL8110S) operation.
- Supports Wake-On-LAN function and remote wake-up.
- Supports ACPI, PCI Power management and PCI VPD.
- Integrated 30-bit TMDS HDMI interface.
- Support EIA-861B uncompressed digital video modes.
- HDMI accepts 50Hz video formats, and that supports HDTV capability.
- Supports firstname.lastname@example.org/60Hz.
- Supports SMM, APM and ACPI.
- Break switch for instant suspend/resume on system operations.
- Energy star “Green PC” compliant.
- Hardware monitoring circuit provides voltage, fan speed, etc. monitoring (optional).
- External Modem Ring-in Wake-up support.
- Supports suspend-to-RAM (STR) (optional). (Note: Make sure that the current of your 5VSB power supply is more than
1.5A. Please use a 300 watt power supply or greater.)
- Compliant with 1394 OHCI specifications v1.0 and v1.1.
- Integrated 400Mbit 2 port PHY.
- Integrated HDA controller with HDA codec.
- Support 16/20/24 bit PCM format for 7.1 sound play back.
- Support SPDIF-IN/OUT .
- Windows® 2000/xp ready.
- Independent DMA operation on four ports.
- Data transfer rates of 300Mb/s.
- RAID feature support .
- 1 PCI Express X16 slot.
- 1 PCI Express X1 slot.
- 2 PCI slots, - ver. 2.2 compliant (optional).