I would like to thank Silicon Power for supplying the review sample.
Today, we have the pleasure of reviewing the Silicon Power Thunder T11, an external SSD with the Thunderbolt interface. The interface is most commonly used with Apple products, even though some traditional motherboards also offer the connectivity. However, in a usage scenario, it will be most enticing to Mac users, which is why we will focus on its performance with Mac products. It is available as a 120 GB or 240 GB drive. We got the smaller 120GB unit for review.
Silicon Power mentions the following about their T11 drive:
Silicon Power's Thunder T11, which enhances storage solution with Thunderbolt SuperSpeed I/O technology, is three times the speed of USB 3.0 HDD and delivers astonishing transfer rates of up to 380MB read and 340MB write. It is for professionals who put great emphasis on speed performance, such as photographers, videographers, video gamers or businessmen.
- Size：74 x 62 x 15 mm
- Weight：65 g
- Capacity：120GB(Silver), 240G(Blue)
- Operating Temperature：5°C~40°C
- Storage Temperature：-20°C~70°C
- Supported OS：Windows 8/7/XP, Mac OS 10.6.6 or higher
- Certification：CE, FCC, BSMI, Green Dot, RoHS, WEEE
- Warranty：3-Years limited warranty (Device-3 years, Cable-3 months)