Tension Labs EAP03 is the name of a new type of earphone gadget. Not only is the EAP03 an earphone amplifier it also has the capability to monitor how many dBs your ears are being exposed to. Besides that it also has a well functioning three band equalizer and an integrated microphone that allows you to mix in sound from the outside world. In a sense it is both an amp and an extremely sophisticated push to hear system all in one small package.
This dual purpose device gives you a lot of opportunities in terms of setups because you can customize every aspect of its performance. It has quite a few market firsts right from the volume calculating system to the customizable mixing options for the microphone. The unit is powered by an integrated Li-ion battery and is charged through a mini-USB port on the bottom of the device so there is no need for buying battery chargers or rechargeable batteries.
- Weight: 55 grams (2 oz.)
- Size: 82.5 mm (L) x 52 mm (W) x 13 mm (T)
- Battery: Lithium-Polymer 950 mAH 3.7V
- Battery Life: 7-8 Hrs. Full Charge (500 cycles min.)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Distortion: 0.03% THD typical
- Hearing Monitoring Function: Based on NIOSH 98-186 Noise Exposure Standard