I would like to thank Thermaltake for supplying the review sample.
Today techPowerUp! is looking at the new "flagship" cooler from Thermaltake, the Max Orb. Some information from the Thermaltake website on this newest member of the Orb family:
Highest Efficient Cooling
Patented Radiate Design
- 6 heatpipe structure, removes heat from source via 6 different channels
- Unique Radiant Heatpipe penetrate fin, transmits heat evenly and efficiently
Silent & Overclocking Proof Solution
- Embedded fan to dissipate heat away from both surrounding fins and immediate fins to enhance cooling
- Mirror coating copper base to guarantee perfect contact between CPU and cooler
- Large heat dissipation area delivered by dense aluminum fins
- Silent and powerful VR fan, 16dBA at minimum speed
- Adjustable fan control to boost cooling performance at overclocking operation
- The 110mm fan comes equipped with blue emitting LED lights.
- Intel Core 2 Extreme (socket LGA775)
- Core 2 Quad (socket LGA775)
- Core 2 Duo (socket LGA775)
- Pentium D (socket LGA775)
- Pentium 4 (socket LGA775)
- Pentium (socket LGA775)
- Celeron D (socket LGA775)
- Celeron (socket LGA775)
- Athlon 64 FX (socket AM2/939)
- Athlon 64 X2 (socket AM2/939)
- Athlon 64 (socket AM2/939/754)
- Sempron (socket AM2/754)
Dimension: 143 (L) x 144 (D) x 92.5 (H) mm Heatsink Material: Copper Base and aluminum fin Heatpipe: Copper Tube - 6mm diameter x 6 pcs Fan Dimension: 120 x 120 x 25mm Rated Current: 12v Started Voltage: 7v Power Input: 3.00W Fan Speed: 1300 ~ 2000 RPM Max Air Flow: 86.5 CFM Max Air Pressure: 2.22mm H20 Noise: 16dBA ~ 24dBA Life Expectation: 50,000 hours Connector: 3 Pin Weight: 465g
About ThermaltakeFrom the Thermaltake website:
Founded in 1999, Thermaltake Technology is the world leader in the supply of thermal management cooling solutions, high-end power supply and chassis for desktop PC and industrial application systems. Building on the strength of its people, products and extensive expertise in Thermal Management, Thermaltake raised the level of excellence on its Award Winning Purepower branded power supply as well as Xaser line of chassis.
While mission-critical applications for Enterprises and ultimate video gaming experiences available for gaing enthusiasts all rely on today's cutting-edge PCs to deliver, high-end PC makers rely on Thermaltake to provide the most reliable power supply, the most thermally efficient chassis and cooling solutions.
As a leader in Thermal Management, Thermaltake is the trusted supplier to many computer manufacturers providing Intel Validated and AMD Approved CPU coolers for today's high frequency and mainstream CPUs.
At the pace of current technological advancement in multimedia application and multi-core processor, Thermal Management will become an evenmore challenging task requiring innovative products design and reliable manufacturing process; a task that has made what Thermaltake is now and future.