The track record of Ultimate Ears is incredible when it comes to custom-made in-ears of quality, and they have come up with quite a few benchmark performers in their own field over the past years. Today, we will take a look at the newest addition to their top-of-the-line customs series—namely, the Ultimate Ears Personal Reference Monitors (PRM). Their construction is unique: You, the user, get to decide on the tonal characteristics with your own source material before the in-ear solution is built to your own specifications.
This customization takes a technically very complex crossover and five custom armatures, which does of course add a good deal to the price. These unique constructions will set you back a staggering $1999, which makes it by far the most expensive in-ear-only solution out there, even eclipsing the JH AUDIO JH-3A DSP plus JH16|Pro custom-monitor combination.
- Input Sensitivity: 110.6 dB @ 1 kHz, 50mV
- Efficiency: 115.6 dB @ 1mW
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 18,000 Hz
- Impedance: 21 ohms @ 1kHz
- Internal Speaker Configuration: 5 proprietary-precision balanced armatures
- Noise Isolation: 26 dB
- Input Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm) gold plated
- Warranty: 2-year limited hardware warranty.