We would like to thank Vantec for the review sample.
USB 2.0 in today's market has become the standard and most popular external connectivity solution, but mainboard manufacturers are pushing USB 3.0 with every major player offering boards with the additional standard. The current solutions are not realized through the chipset, but with the use of an external IC - usually from NEC at the moment. Vantec is ready with their NexStar 3 SuperSpeed series, which takes advantage of the USB 3.0 benefits.
- Attractive Mirror Finish Design
- Aluminum Casing Cools Down Your Hard Drive
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps w/USB 3.0
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps w/USB 2.0
- Easily Add Storage to Any System with USB 1.1/2.0 or 3.0
- Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Hi-Quality Shielded USB 3.0 Cable Ensures Data Integrity and Speed
- Hot-Swappable: Plug & Play Without Rebooting
- Attractive Blue LED Indicates Power & HDD Activity
|Power Supply||AC Adapter|
|Device Support||SATA I/II HDD|
|External Interface||USB 3.0|
|Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
Up to 2TB