We would like to thank Xigmatek for supplying the review sample.
Xigmatek has made a name for itself a few years ago, by presenting a CPU cooler with so called "Direct Touch Heatpipes". They made a big splash and put the manufacturer on the map for people to notice. Their line-up has grown considerably with a full range of coolers, power supplies and case fans along with a flurry of mid-tower cases. The Asgard is one of the best selling cases for quite some time, as it offers a nearly unbeatable price/performance and is especially interesting for large system integrators. Today we will take a look at a very important chassis for the manufacturer: the Midgard 2. It is the successor of the vastly popular Midgard chassis.
The Xigmatek Midgard II is advertised with and without window, but some resellers and distributors have chosen to only offer the version with a solid side panel. This is also the variant we have on our test bench today.
- Fancy, softly and elegant “Leather-coating” on top and front panel.
- Three external 5.25” drive bays with tool-free holders, and one extra Slim-ODD bay.
- Six internal 2.5”/3.5” drive bays by tool-free hard-drive trays with anti-vibration rubbers.
- Middle HDD cage is removable for long VGA card installation within 330mm.
- Downside PSU space with removable dust filter.
- Eight cooling fans available at most for your optimized airflow.
- Top I/O with one super speed USB3.0 port, two USB2.0, and HD audio in/out jacks.
- 2.5/3.5” SATA HDD docking station on the top panel.
- CPU backside hole for easy cooler installation.
- Window side panel available.
|Xigmatek Midgard II|
|MATERIAL:||Steel, Plastic & Metal Mesh|
|DRIVE BAYS:||3x Slim ODD|
4x External 5.25"
6x Internal 3.5/2.5"
|DIMENSIONS:||(W) 205 x (H) 458 x (D)488 mm (8.07*18.03*19.21 inches)|
|FRONT FANS:||2 X 120 mm @ 1200 rpm (1x included)|
|REAR FANS:||1x 120 mm @ 1200 rpm (included)|
|TOP FANS:||2x 120/140 mm (not included)|
|BOTTOM FANS:||1x 120 mm (not included)|
|SIDE FANS:||2x 120/140 mm (not included)|
|I/O:||3x USB 2.0|
1x USB 3.0