• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I wonder how much performance could be gained with m4 chip in iPad pro OLED, if it had an AirJet

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
A tiny little hole, on one end, and another elsewhere - but still closed off from the internals so it could remain water proof, but with copper layer throughout the tube touching important heatsink elements

It's not a new concept for MacBooks, but I wonder if an iPad could be designed in this way, I imagine it would increase performance by a lot. Scenario in my head: Playing Final Fantasy XIV on an iPad pro OLED m4 chip, my guess is within 15-20 minutes of playing its going to throttle the living crap out of the game, making it unplayable, but with the airjet... maybe it could actually play it at decent frame rates for a reasonable length of time, thus enhancing the capabilities dramatically with almost no footprint or change of design (airjets are very small)

Any thoughts on this? And no... I will not being buying this, its out of my budget at the moment. I just think it is interesting to think about how many missed opportunities modern companies undergo, simply because they like playing it safe. This is probably the weakest thing about the free market system, mega duopolies start to get cozy and don't innovate, and competition can't hope to compete cause its just too hard to step your foot in the door.

Last edited:
The airjets take a huge chunk of space inside a tablet, and consume a lot of power. Having two small holes the size of an headphone jack would block most of the airflow. And I don't know if the airjets are waterproof.
So it would be 42.7% faster