• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Someone Please help me with ThrottleStop

pochilas

So i have an interesting problem andi have no idea how to fix it. I was getting really low fps so i decided to format my pc and i did. After the format everything was perfect i was getting like %100 more fps and stutters. After that i closed my pc and went to sleep. When i launched my pc next day every game i was playing smoothly got much worse and started to stutter. So i decided to format again. And it repeats. Basically the day i format my pc im getting perfect fps and no stutters. But when i shut down my pc and open it next day its just terrible. So there is a pattern here and i dont know what is the problem. 1660 Ti i7-9750h 16 gb ram
So a techsupporter told me to use Throttlestop and im trying to do so and thats what he said
  • CPU is reaching its set thermal point, "overheating"
  • CPU then slows down, thus becomes a point of bottleneck at 100% usage
  • GPU usage falters a bit around that point
So I am trying new settings but im really new at this so can someone help me ? Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• 2024-05-20.txt
    83.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2024-05-20_06-44-29.png
    2024-05-20_06-44-29.png
    33 KB · Views: 26
  • 2024-05-20_06-45-51.png
    2024-05-20_06-45-51.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2024-05-20_06-45-18.png
    2024-05-20_06-45-18.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2024-05-20_06-43-19.png
    2024-05-20_06-43-19.png
    36 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 29
Solution
In some laptops having a battery installed is very important. They may throttle the CPU, the GPU or both whenever a battery is not detected.

You can always use your laptop without a battery but it man not be able to run the CPU and GPU continuously at their full rated speed. The only way to troubleshoot your problem is to buy and install a new OEM battery. That may not fix your problem so it is a gamble.
I sent it back to the manufacturer. They told me fans of both GPU and CPU damaged. SSD was almost dead. CMOS battery had to be replaced. I hope these things will resolve my issue.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The ThrottleStop log file shows some steady TEMP messages which indicates your CPU is getting too hot and thermal throttling. When was the last time you cleaned out your laptop? Did you replace the thermal paste? If yes, what did you use. Some popular thermal pastes may only last a week or two before the temperatures go up and up.

The other problem seems to be caused by the Nvidia GPU or its driver. The Nvidia GPU seems to be constantly engaging and then disengaging and going back to the Intel GPU. Performance would be horrible with lots of stuttering when this happens. Try using an older driver or a newer driver. Check the Nvidia driver settings. Make sure it is set to maximum performance and not some sort of power saving.

The Nvidia GPU might simply be on its death bed, unable to run continuously. That would suck. The Nvidia GPU is soldered to the main board so it is not easy to find a replacement or to find a shop capable of replacing it. Most laptops would end up in the trash if this is the problem. Are you using the original OEM power adapter and is the battery OK? If a power adapter is failing or inadequate, perhaps it is not able to supply enough power to both the CPU and the Nvidia GPU.

Undervolting the Intel GPU does not do anything unless you also undervolt the iGPU Unslice. I would not bother undervolting either of these because you have a Nvidia GPU for games.

pochilas

The ThrottleStop log file shows some steady TEMP messages which indicates your CPU is getting too hot and thermal throttling. When was the last time you cleaned out your laptop? Did you replace the thermal paste? If yes, what did you use. Some popular thermal pastes may only last a week or two before the temperatures go up and up.

The other problem seems to be caused by the Nvidia GPU or its driver. The Nvidia GPU seems to be constantly engaging and then disengaging and going back to the Intel GPU. Performance would be horrible with lots of stuttering when this happens. Try using an older driver or a newer driver. Check the Nvidia driver settings. Make sure it is set to maximum performance and not some sort of power saving.

The Nvidia GPU might simply be on its death bed, unable to run continuously. That would suck. The Nvidia GPU is soldered to the main board so it is not easy to find a replacement or to find a shop capable of replacing it. Most laptops would end up in the trash if this is the problem. Are you using the original OEM power adapter and is the battery OK? If a power adapter is failing or inadequate, perhaps it is not able to supply enough power to both the CPU and the Nvidia GPU.

Undervolting the Intel GPU does not do anything unless you also undervolt the iGPU Unslice. I would not bother undervolting either of these because you have a Nvidia GPU for games.
My thermal paste got replaced by the manufacterer of the laptop 2 weeks ago and they are using Thermal Grizzly for the thermal

I just tried using and old driver and it didnt help.

I am using the original power adapter and i dont know if there is a way to check for if its okay or not but my battery is destroyed. Manufacturer said that they are going to remove the battery and i would be able to use it without battery or i will pay for the battery. Didnt think battery was important. They said my battery was damaged and cant be used so they took my battery out.

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Didnt think battery was important.
In some laptops having a battery installed is very important. They may throttle the CPU, the GPU or both whenever a battery is not detected.

i would be able to use it without battery
You can always use your laptop without a battery but it man not be able to run the CPU and GPU continuously at their full rated speed. The only way to troubleshoot your problem is to buy and install a new OEM battery. That may not fix your problem so it is a gamble.

pochilas

I sent it back to the manufacturer. They told me fans of both GPU and CPU damaged. SSD was almost dead. CMOS battery had to be replaced. I hope these things will resolve my issue.

Solution

pochilas

So it came back from manufacturer still getting fps issues but seems like there is no thermal throttling anymore. Cant really identify the issue