• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where to buy reference cooler for 3870x2

d0nat0

System Name Destiny
Processor QX9650 @ 3.6Ghz on air
Motherboard P5Q PRO with 2102m Bios
Cooling Artic Cooling
Memory 8GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) ASUS HD3870 512MB Crossfire
Storage 500GB Seagate SATA2
Display(s) ASUS 22" LCD
Case CM690
Audio Device(s) PCI X-FI Fatal1ty
Power Supply 650W CM RPP
Software VISTA X64 SP2
Benchmark Scores Nothing spectacular, I'm just happy it turns on.
After months of trying to locate an aftermarket solution that did not require some modifications other than remove old cooler and install replacement. I am slowly realizing that it's also almost impossible to locate a reference cooler for my Diamond Viper HD 3870X2.

I have compared coolers of other brands and it appears that it might work as long the card is based on the AMD reference design.

My question is. Where do I buy those reference coolers? Either used or new, as long as it is working and will fit.

I did a search for anything HD3870x2 related here, unfortunately did not find the answer I was looking for, if anyone has info please do share and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help and info.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
After months of trying to locate an aftermarket solution that did not require some modifications other than remove old cooler and install replacement. I am slowly realizing that it's also almost impossible to locate a reference cooler for my Diamond Viper HD 3870X2.

I have compared coolers of other brands and it appears that it might work as long the card is based on the AMD reference design.

My question is. Where do I buy those reference coolers? Either used or new, as long as it is working and will fit.

I did a search for anything HD3870x2 related here, unfortunately did not find the answer I was looking for, if anyone has info please do share and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help and info.

ebay or buy a broken video card on ebay.

d0nat0

System Name Destiny
Processor QX9650 @ 3.6Ghz on air
Motherboard P5Q PRO with 2102m Bios
Cooling Artic Cooling
Memory 8GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) ASUS HD3870 512MB Crossfire
Storage 500GB Seagate SATA2
Display(s) ASUS 22" LCD
Case CM690
Audio Device(s) PCI X-FI Fatal1ty
Power Supply 650W CM RPP
Software VISTA X64 SP2
Benchmark Scores Nothing spectacular, I'm just happy it turns on.
ahhh.. sounds like a plan. will check