• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

public network firewalls

Processor i7 3820 4.0ghz
Motherboard asus x79 deluxe
Cooling silver arrow
Memory 16gb ripjaw
Video Card(s) gtx 1080 OC edition
Storage 1tb F3 +500gb sata ii 64gb ssd
Display(s) asus 1920 x1080 x3
Case HAF932
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Win 10
looking for solutions to bypass a public wifi firewall, i obviously do not have access to the router or firewall configurations. i use this wifi connection quite a bit and i do online stock trading but my broker software connects via a firewall port and when im on this specific connection i cannot connect to my broker. im going to try team viewer tomorrow to see if that is an option. ive used my phone as mobile hotspot but its a bit slower then i would like as phone service isnt optimal in this area. i have also tried the VPN hamachi and with the default settings of the VPN it did not work either. when it does not connect to my broker it says failed to connect to host at 37.76.5.87. if you guys have any other solutions i could try that would be much appreciated

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
You did not say what software... So, I would try checking with the tech support of the broker software to see if you can change the port/ports used.

Processor i7 3820 4.0ghz
Motherboard asus x79 deluxe
Cooling silver arrow
Memory 16gb ripjaw
Video Card(s) gtx 1080 OC edition
Storage 1tb F3 +500gb sata ii 64gb ssd
Display(s) asus 1920 x1080 x3
Case HAF932
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Win 10
You did not say what software... So, I would try checking with the tech support of the broker software to see if you can change the port/ports used.
its a private firm, i will try to contact them but their support is limited, i know on some of the retail brokers you can set proxy settings this one does not have the options to do so in settings. thanks for the input though