• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor Intel 12600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D15S; Case: 2xNoctua NF-A14, 1xNF-S12A.
Memory Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 @3600CL16 2*16GB
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 4080
Storage Samsung 970 Pro 512GB + Crucial MX500 500gb + WD Red 6TB
Display(s) Dell S2721qs
Case Phanteks P300A Mesh
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC204HD
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 560W
Mouse Glorious Model D-
An update, I had to stop playing this. It was really pissing me off. The control are so stupid and complicated for no reason.

Secondly, why do all the ships stop doing what you tell them when the get attack, then just sit there. Its like they are the dumbest people you could have in charge of a ship. Protect this ship, On the way to the ship, fights an enemy then just sits there. doesnt continue onto the task I asked it to do. Once I do get them to where I want them, if I move the ship I asked them to defend, they dont follow it.
If I understood right, units only respond immediately to any threats in "Aggressive stance". But yeah, it's a bit of mess right now. Devs announced a two month delay, not sure if that's enough time to rework the UI and some dumb behaviours, but there's a cool game beneath the ridiculous controls, so hopefully they manage something.

Though I wish they did something with combat too, especially the smaller ships. Flying around each other in circles barely doing any damage just adds to awkwardness. I even tried spamming attack orders to turn them around faster haha

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Though I wish they did something with combat too, especially the smaller ships. Flying around each other in circles barely doing any damage just adds to awkwardness. I even tried spamming attack orders to turn them around faster haha
This sounds like a simple AI pattern to cater to large scale so you don't destroy CPU / performance. I hope its really that and there is more dynamic to the other ships in combat? Surely there is

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
If I understood right, units only respond immediately to any threats in "Aggressive stance". But yeah, it's a bit of mess right now. Devs announced a two month delay, not sure if that's enough time to rework the UI and some dumb behaviours, but there's a cool game beneath the ridiculous controls, so hopefully they manage something.

They need to fix the Camera system I cannot even get past the tutorial. I thought using the Classic camera would bring me right back, but that is not what is happening.

System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 32 GB Team Force DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color RX 7900 XT Red Devil
Storage 2x 1TB SSD / NVME
Display(s) AOpen 27in 1440p 170hz (27HC5UR)
Case Modified Corsair 540 Air
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 / Corsair HS80
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Silent
Software Win 11 Home (Modded)
Benchmark Scores It will beat a snail in a down hill race.
They need to fix the Camera system I cannot even get past the tutorial. I thought using the Classic camera would bring me right back, but that is not what is happening.

The classis camera is missing controls. There are several keys it will not let you remap.. which is stupid. Some of the binding choices.. R for Guard instead of G, like the original? W for Move, instead of M.. I am not sure what even the M key does, pulls up a grid that I find useless atm..

The player AI, that runs your little ships or you fleet, is completely useless. There are so many missing details to that. Atleast the original is still fun to play I guess.. Not sure I will be buying, until it goes on sale. I most likely wont play it. If the main story line plays and feels like this War Game mode. blah.,. its really small maps, sure you can fly around objects and use them for cover and what not, but it makes how bad the controls are stand out so much.

Processor Intel 12600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D15S; Case: 2xNoctua NF-A14, 1xNF-S12A.
Memory Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 @3600CL16 2*16GB
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 4080
Storage Samsung 970 Pro 512GB + Crucial MX500 500gb + WD Red 6TB
Display(s) Dell S2721qs
Case Phanteks P300A Mesh
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC204HD
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 560W
Mouse Glorious Model D-
This sounds like a simple AI pattern to cater to large scale so you don't destroy CPU / performance. I hope its really that and there is more dynamic to the other ships in combat? Surely there is
It gets better when there are more powerful ships on the screen but there's really not that much going on to worry about CPU load compared to many older RTS games, at least that's my impression. Plus there's a tactical pause + option to set game speed to 25-50-75%, so I don't think there's a good reason for things to go that slowly if you can slow them down to your own taste at will. But it does look pretty, on the other hand, nails the aesthetic of older games perfectly.

System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 32 GB Team Force DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color RX 7900 XT Red Devil
Storage 2x 1TB SSD / NVME
Display(s) AOpen 27in 1440p 170hz (27HC5UR)
Case Modified Corsair 540 Air
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 / Corsair HS80
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Silent
Software Win 11 Home (Modded)
Benchmark Scores It will beat a snail in a down hill race.
yeah.,. the graphics do look good for what it is. I just really hope there are other modes, and the maps are bigger.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
yeah.,. the graphics do look good for what it is. I just really hope there are other modes, and the maps are bigger.
What would be cool, would be mod support in Steam from day 1.

I apologise for another rubbish post. It's going to be long and garbage. :D Not really playing anything lately. But here to make a response.
That is Auto Mobillista 2. I have opined on this Game before but the more I play, the more it gives me that Gran Turismo feeling
No wonder. Considering how much input (no pun intended) Niels made for this game...

I'd be glad to play it, as well as AC1, DR1/2 on DD wheel like Sim Stearing 2 54 (with AKM54K, not H), combined with Heusinkveld Ultimate Combo Kit. Heck I'd even play Porsche Unleashed with DD wheel. But alas.

The interesting thing is, that the most fun and realistic racing (and not only them), games like, rFactor, Automobilista, and even Race/RRR (and vanilla AC1 to some extent) do really have somewhat mediocre graphics. Not bad, but nothing to brag about. However that's doesn't make these games playing anywhere worse, than Gran Turismo, or Project Cars, Forsa Motorsport. As visuals are in such sweet spot, as it really close to real atmosphere and colour palete, abd do not impact the performance, or impair the gameplay with ridiculous effects like in NFS.

BTW I did a personal stunning discovery, right before my G25 has gone. What I've found is the incredibly good and accurate FF and steering behavior, that old game had. For me personally it was on par with AC (Assetto Corsa 1). I'm not sure whether this is a commendation to PU or rebuke of the AC. But this is my experience.

I'm not a sim racing nerd myself, and maybe AC is not a pinnacle of sim racing. But it yet worth to give a credit the moddability of that game, and especially Content Manager, and SOL and Rain FX, that bring the somewhat mediocre unfinished game, to another level. Yes vanilla/barebones AC is literally unplayable without many crucial mods.

One of the games that unfortunately didn't pave it's way to PC, was DRIVECLUB. I don't know if there's any connection between why DiRT Rally looked that much toned down/realistic, and so much visulally akin to Driveclub. But soon after Sony disbanded the Evolution Studios (Driveclub's dev team), they've joined Codemasters.

Also, it seems curved monitors suit particularly good for sim Racing purposes. This might be one of few areas, these xx:9 screens do well. A single Ultrawide, curved, instead of tripple flat screens, bolted to the 80/20. Hmmm... :rolleyes:
My picks are Homeworld 3 or Space Marine 2
Both franchises originally made by Relic entertainment. Which now have proven their name. Sadly SEGA is going to bury this once great studio, the way EA did with DICE and countless of other studios. They're running Relic towards shameful demise.

As about COH 1, it is still very much playable. I think even more than COH2 (Not bad game), and especially that flop "DOWIII of WWII" that is Company of Heroes 3.
And if you like that type of games, you can take a look at Joint Task Force. It's not an RTS though, but RTT. It's pretty cheap during sales, and definitely worth of taking a look on. There's even demo on Steam.

The problem is SEGA, turned all relic's games into Total War. Nothing against that game. But that doesn't bode well, and the other franchises lose their uniqueness due to this "style merger" and smearing the boundaries between each other. IMHO, SEGA shouldn't had ruin the already established well credited game series like COH and DOW, and to go under like they did. As a result turn them into MOBA monstocities.
Also, Relic shouldn't been wasting their potential on Total War series (a la how Criterion did with Battlefield, and DICE with NFS). There's in-house game studio for that.
Another problem with SEGA, is that they sadly do not assist moddng comunity with all the old literally abandoned Relic's games like DoW1, CoH, and Space Marine, nor fix the themselves.I think instead of running the valuable studio down the drain, and make it lose the 40K license and waste millons of bucks on the games, that literally nobody would play, they'd better release the old Essence engine source code. Or, straight away sold Relic to THQ Nordic, where the majoirty of ex-THQ studios reside now.

The one huge problem with old Relics as well as Iron Lore/Crate Entertainment, and other games under the ex-THQ management, like DOW1, Titan Quest/Grim Dawn respectively, etc is that they completely lack the multi-threading. Basically, single core and single thread being used on full, while even on ancient dual-core CPU, the second one is just idling. The performance is complete disaster. It's nonexistant, at all. I'm not even mention UA mod's performance, with literally tens of thousands units (titans included), that appear on the screen simultaneously.
There were some small endeavours with custom MT solution for Soulstorm, by adding code strings and some dll's from DOWII. But that was abandoned, and there's no alternative even to that. And the SEGA, seems not going to haste in fixing these abandonware games, they actually still sell with hefty price tags.
It baffles me, how some individual, singlehandedly almost managed to add multi-threaded crutch to such an old game. And yet SEGA is unable to find the resourses to add the actual proper fix, to the game, hundreds if not thousands still play daily. Valve used to add/integrate community patches into their games, with great outcome. And it's actually Valve, that now supports the server connection for all DOW and COH games. I don't get, why SEGA is unable to get their head from their arse, and provide support they had to give decade ago. And that's not taking into account, the massive modding community, and huge modding potential, be it Ultimate Apocalipse mod, or Unification mod, or any other one. There should be gratification and encouraging on behalf of the publisher towards the trustful community. Instead they poop on the heads with the garbage, nobody asked for.
To rub the wounds, SEGA intentionally removed the LAN option from both, DOW1 and 2. Many people went to GoG to buy DOW complete collections, with the expectations togfinally get LAN, just to end up being loyally screwed. As these GoG versions are nowhere different to the Steam counterparts

There are other interesting, games. Some of them are amazing mods for LotR BFMEII like Age of the Ring, or Edain Mod, or even The Elder Scrolls: The Battle for Tamriel.
I didn't play them yet. As I don't have the legal copy of Battle for Middle Earth II, and there's no way to buy it (that's technically possible to get it from abandonware sites., but...).
But that game itself was a masterpiece. By both visually and game mechanics, and also sound (much like Tiberium Wars). The era, when EA had the best game sound, and studios making interesting games with brilliant design.
Sadly, EA have no willing to sell these old games, as it will prevent their MTX driven garbage.

To sum up, there's no problem to find the interesting game. The problem is to have HW capable of running them. And the time to invest in playing.

Thanks for your time. Best regards!

Last edited:
System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
there's no problem to find the interesting game. The problem is to have HW capable of running them.
It's quite the opposite for me nowadays, but it was so true 10+ years ago. :D

BTW, I enjoyed original Assetto Corsa, got impressed with physics, and the graphics as well.

And the time to invest in playing.
This is so true, unfortunately.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Some of the puzzles in Shadow of the Tomb Raider are head scratchers, but I'm not going to peek at Stella's site for this one.
sottr.jpg

There are some other forgotten gems of RTS like Machines: Wired for War, Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, and Dark Reign. There's no way to describe how much these games are much superior, than majority of even modern RTS games.
It wonders me, how the entire industry has silently passed by these games, and never being affected by the ideas those games carried. Maybe except the somewhat recent Call to Arms, and few others, that have direct first person control of single unit. The concept, that Machines did back in 1999. The whole idea, of being able to populate every building with the units, and wipe or intercept the entire army of enemy units, by controlling just one, was and still seems very unique.
The Dark Reign. That was the hands down the best well thought game in terms of unit control and behaviour. Even from my limited experience, there was no games matching that strategic and tactical complexity and vast set of tools, this game had 27 years ago.
And TA Kingdoms, still looks nice even today. People avoided that game, as it was not in the same style as original Total Annihilation, designed by Chris Taylor. But it still was a both visually great, and had interesting unique gameplay.
As about JTF (2006). it's still looks and plays great, even 18 years later. The closest comparison is Call to Arms (2015). The only downsides of JTF really are, lack of detailed vehicle damage, akin COH and MechCommander, lack of better camera control and zoom, again as COH had; a bit better detailed infantry models, and maybe a bit better pathfinding, and movement/physics of some vehicles..

It's quite the opposite for me nowadays, but it was so true 10+ years ago
Some people did not have upgrade since 2007, and thus the limitations remain intact. :D This made to stay behind the entire game industry scene progress/regress, for good or for bad. But that's another painful topic I won't even touch.
So due to aforementioned circumstances, it helped to lower my graphics demands, and enjoy the game disign above the visuals. Surely, I would be glad to have everything maxed out in every single game I've played. However expectations should meet the possibilities.
So it's not a problem to play some older games again and again, even decade later. There are a lot of ones that has great replayability, and still not end up boring.

BTW, I enjoyed original Assetto Corsa, got impressed with physics, and the graphics as well.
Like this?

Some of the puzzles in Shadow of the Tomb Raider are head scratchers...
The true puzzle and secrets (not the bland console minigames injections), were a good part of of old game design. That's what made games of different genres and styles to be interesting and catchy. And surely it brought the variety to the endless boring destruction of waves of the enemies.
Just like only small additions of craft into Dark Messiah (remains from Arx Fatalis), or puzzles in Neverwinter Nights, etc... Heck, even Portal and HL2 secret places were fun.

P.S.: Not many know now, about the fun games of 5.25" floppy era, such as Police Quest, King Quest, and obviouly Space Quest series. Those had a keyboard only written input, with no mice support whatsoever, and had the quite tricky puzzles aw well. :D.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Agreed. Some of the puzzles in the earlier Tomb Raider games from Core Design had me scratching my head for hours, but I still enjoyed them. I think it's essential for keeping the grey matter in shape, amongst other exercises :)
On the other hand, some of the timed sequences, such as those in The Wreck of Maria Doria in TR2 were ball breakers, but incredibly satisfying when completed.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Black Mesa is €2.99 on Steam! Playing and my immediate thought is that Anton Hansson did a really poor job translating. "Google translate" level bad, which honestly isn't surprising seeing but still annoying.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
Black Mesa is €2.99 on Steam! Playing and my immediate thought is that Anton Hansson did a really poor job translating. "Google translate" level bad, which honestly isn't surprising seeing but still annoying.
i had purchased it for 1.3 sometime back. but might be regional pricing :D

EDIT: holy shit its even cheaper now. its 1 pound (GBP) lmao.

I think it's essential for keeping the grey matter in shape, amongst other exercises :)
Go look at custom Portal 2 levels. ;) That suits this purpose really well

Great discount.
As about translation... Some bigger studios have this problem. The translation outside some "primary" languages like Deutsch, Francais, and Espanol, can be pretty rubbish, even for the first party localization. So I'd rather play original English, than suffer this lazy "favor". And, almost all games simply do dot have my native language at all. So this is another reason to play this way.

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite Ax DDR5
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 + P12 Max Fans
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 5600 cl36 Oc'd to 6000 cl32
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4090 24GB (non-oc version, undervolted)
Storage 2TB Netac nv7000 + 2TB P5 Plus + 2TB SN850X + 2*(4TB MX500) in raid 0. 14TB Total.
Display(s) Dell 23.5" 1440P IPS panel (P2416D)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply Gigabyte 850w (ud850gm pg5)
Mouse Some piece of shit from China
Keyboard Some piece of shit from China
Software Yes Please?
replaying ff7 remake ( part 1)... really wish square would release these games on pc at the same time as their ps5 releases....

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
Played through this survival horror game Fobia - St. Dinfna Hotel made by some indie Brazilian devs. It's a bit of a shameless take on Resident Evil 7, but I really like RE7, and this game ain't half bad either. But unlike RE7 you will find "indie stuff" going on here. You can tell there were corners cut here and there sort of thing. Lots of assets only in Portuguese (yet somehow they afforded English speaking voice actors) so you have to read plain text popups to translate it, lots of textures are low res, etc. But again, still worth playing despite its blemishes. The story leaves you with more questions once you finish the game. There's neat bits about it, but it's confusing or leaving too much up to your imagination. They don't really explain some things basically. But the combat is decent, gameplay is great, puzzles are plentiful and awesome. Way more good than bad. Recommended for fans of the genre!

1707534149259.png

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Eisbaer 240 + 140, EK Vector TUF
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080 10GB
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Now as I'm drunk as shit, I'm playing Dead or Alive 6 on PC against the computer opponents. Just need a smoke break. Damn even this "old" game looks nice at 4K maxed out :)

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
I am the excite at catching the largest smallest fishy.
I am very much not dressed to excite.

1408610_20240209133800_1.jpg

System Name IZALITH (or just "Lith")
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (4.2Ghz base 5.0Ghz boost, -30 PBO offset)
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master Rev 1.0
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx AG400 Single Tower
Memory Corsair Vengeance 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL40 DDR5 XMP (XMP enabled)
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil OC 24GB (3.19Ghz boost -40mV UV)
Storage 2x1TB SSD, 2x2TB SSD, 2x 8TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G51C 27" QHD (1440p 165Hz) + Samsung Odyssey G3 24" FHD (1080p 165Hz)
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS55 Surround Wired Headset/LG Z407 Speaker Set
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum Modular (1000W)
Mouse Corsair RGB Harpoon PRO Wired Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Professional
Granblue Fantasy Relink. I got into the gacha game late last year (via Fantasy Versus Rising) and picked this up on release day. It's a great game with one hilarious flaw: the real proper game doesn't start until you complete the story. The story is short (~9-12hrs) but once you complete the story a whole bunch of game mechanics and features open up.

It plays like a casual Monster Hunter. You do instanced-based missions against big bosses with a party of four (either AI or online) and you grind out for materials to improve your characters weapons. I've never really got into the Monster Hunter games but this one really clicked for me and i'm having a blast.

Granblue Fantasy Relink_2024.02.04-17.43.png

Granblue Fantasy Relink_2024.02.10-10.11.png

Processor AMD R7 1700X @ 4100Mhz
Motherboard MSI B450M MORTAR MAX (MS-7B89)
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory Crucial Technology 16GB DR (DDR4-3600) - C9BLM:045M:E BL16G36C16U4W.M16FE1 X2 @ CL14
Video Card(s) XFX RX480 GTR 8GB @ 1408Mhz (AMD Auto OC)
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG271 1080p @ 81Hz
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex II 750W 80+ Gold
Keyboard Redragon Devarajas RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/mvvj3a
Some Indy 500 action in Assetto Corsa. Can only imagine what VR will be like. :cool:
Watch 1080p!

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
Played through this survival horror game Fobia - St. Dinfna Hotel made by some indie Brazilian devs. It's a bit of a shameless take on Resident Evil 7, but I really like RE7, and this game ain't half bad either. But unlike RE7 you will find "indie stuff" going on here. You can tell there were corners cut here and there sort of thing. Lots of assets only in Portuguese (yet somehow they afforded English speaking voice actors) so you have to read plain text popups to translate it, lots of textures are low res, etc. But again, still worth playing despite its blemishes. The story leaves you with more questions once you finish the game. There's neat bits about it, but it's confusing or leaving too much up to your imagination. They don't really explain some things basically. But the combat is decent, gameplay is great, puzzles are plentiful and awesome. Way more good than bad. Recommended for fans of the genre!

View attachment 333946
There are so many games of the genre out there. It's milking cow just like zombie, survival games. Too bad that I'm not in a mood for horror games anymore. No people around to be scared together, no thrill from 20+ years ago.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
well, i had doubt due to the nProtect kernel level anticheat ... (still don't like it ... but whatever) and the launch was wonky for AMD GPU users (strangely running it on the Ally was fine but not on the RX 7900 XTX ) driver timeout fiesta, in short ...

Helldiver 2 ... i am kinda a sucker for the copy-pasta humor taken from Starship Troopers, WH40K and others ... and since the "Super Citizen" edition (aka base + DLC) is priced lower than your usual games, AAA are above 69chf for me, Helldiver 2 was 49chf in pre order

now it work, finish the tutorial, hilarious, launch a solo mission, fun and challenging ... co-op? hum with friends, maybe, i can't handle players dumber than AI whose only blast is to TK you :laugh:
so,
1. i fight bugs (literal bugs, although more looking like Defiance bugs than Starship Troopers, not complaining, i played the hell out of Defiance back in the days )
2. i drop a beacon for a flag which i watch raise while listening to a glorious democratic hymne played by a drone ... absorbed in the process ... did not notice the bugs ... got sliced in half, 1st death
20240210132615_1.jpg

3. proceed to the extraction zone launch the signal, clear the bugs be cautious, drop a MG to make democracy and liber-tea spreading easier ...
20240210133040_1.jpg20240210133046_1.jpg

4. got squashed by my own dropship... 2nd death .... still ended with a K/D ratio of 83/2
20240210133103_1.jpg

5. nevertheless, "Tis is but a flesh wound." Victory for democracy
20240210133318_1.jpg

nono no no no need for fireworks, afterall
1707571668099.png

ok ... DLC is mostly cosmetics (save for one mediocre weapon) plus if you don't like it, the game will be cheaper... no right to complain and technically you can get things you would get with premium currency by farming in game ... so, it's "pay 2 advance faster" and not "pay to win" in the end (also ... p2w in a PVE game... does not exist ... :laugh: )

but! my cape has a grain of sand from super earth! it make me better than normal citizens! fact!
20240210133451_1.jpg

Last edited:
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
well, i had doubt due to the nProtect kernel level anticheat ... (still don't like it ... but whatever) and the launch was wonky for AMD GPU users (strangely running it on the Ally was fine but not on the RX 7900 XTX ) driver timeout fiesta, in short ...

Helldiver 2 ... i am kinda a sucker for the copy-pasta humor taken from Starship Troopers, WH40K and others ... and since the "Super Citizen" edition (aka base + DLC) is priced lower than your usual games, AAA are above 69chf for me, Helldiver 2 was 49chf in pre order

now it work, finish the tutorial, hilarious, launch a solo mission, fun and challenging ... co-op? hum with friends, maybe, i can't handle players dumber than AI whose only blast is to TK you :laugh:
so,
1. i fight bugs (literal bugs, although more looking like Defiance bugs than Starship Troopers, not complaining, i played the hell out of Defiance back in the days )
2. i drop a beacon for a flag which i watch raise while listening to a glorious democratic hymne played by a drone ... absorbed in the process ... did not notice the bugs ... got sliced in half, 1st death
View attachment 334014

3. proceed to the extraction zone launch the signal, clear the bugs be cautious, drop a MG to make democracy and liber-tea spreading easier ...
View attachment 334013View attachment 334012

4. got squashed by my own dropship... 2nd death .... still ended with a K/D ratio of 83/2
View attachment 334011

5. nevertheless, "Tis is but a flesh wound." Victory for democracy
View attachment 334010

nono no no no need for fireworks, afterall
View attachment 334015

ok ... DLC is mostly cosmetics (save for one mediocre weapon) plus if you don't like it, the game will be cheaper... no right to complain and technically you can get things you would get with premium currency by farming in game ... so, it's "pay 2 advance faster" and not "pay to win" in the end (also ... p2w in a PVE game... does not exist ... :laugh: )

but! my cape has a grain of sand from super earth! it make me better than normal citizens! fact!
View attachment 334009
As soon as you said Defiance you had me. That used to be crazy Saturday mornings. It was one of the only MMOs that I thoroughly enjoyed. Next time I get paid Helldivers 2 will be mine.

System Name Computer
Processor Intel 12700K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Twin radiator open loop
Memory Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) eVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Display(s) Asus PG348Q and two Asus VN279Q monitors
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000 with Sennheiser HD599 SE
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200P
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q3 Max
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 10 Pro
I've been playing Ready or Not and Mechwarrior 5 with friends and Outer Worlds on my own. Outer Worlds is such a shame since the outer space portion is essentially fast travel between biomes. The space ship is just an oversized elevator in which you can have conversations with companions. It feels really shallow by comparison with FONV.