• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows XP "Tweaks" -myths ; take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastertech

Son, you don't fool us, you immediatley did a Google on "Windows XP tweak myth" or similar.
It took you all of what two minutes?
Oh never mind you called it a Blog? It is NOT a Blog, christ. Since when did webpages turn into Blogs? It is not a journal of any sort. Just email me something I would not have a problem with from the website's email address and I will post it here.

After which I want the content removed.

Last edited:

Alec§taar

Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (PCIe x16, x4, x1)
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Power Supply Antec 500w ATX 2.0 "SmartPower" powersupply
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
Please post something before the kids here loose faith in you.

Sure, since you asked for them, here goes (brb, have to get you magazines, articles, & more, on edit):

• WINDOWS NT-Magazine (forerunner of today's .NET magazine) 1997 (iirc, Oct. issue pg. 83) issue review by Mr. John Enck, a technical editor of theirs for SuperCache & SuperDisk by EEC Systems (now SuperSpeed.com - first part was writing up an article featured on their corp. website alongside Mr. Enck no less, about the technical effective uses of Ramdisks, & the latter was on PAID CONTRACT to improve the mathematics & algorithm for tuning their SuperCache product w/ a programmatic addon they shipped w/ their product, & now is incorporated into the main program itself (Mr. Eric Dickman is their CEO iirc, & offered me a job w/ them back in 2003, but life took me to NYC instead of BOSTON) - they ARE A CERTIFIED Microsoft Partner you know, by the by)
  • WINDOWS MAGAZINE, 1997, "Top Freeware & Shareware of the Year" issue page 210, #1/first entry in fact (my work is there)
  • PC-WELT FEB 1998 - page 84, again, my work is featured there
  • PC-WELT FEB 1999 - page 83, again, my work is featured there
  • CHIP Magazine 7/99 - page 100, my work is there
  • WINDOWS MAGAZINE, WINTER 1998 - page 92, insert section, MUST HAVE WARES, my work is again, there
  • GERMAN PC BOOK, Data Becker publisher "PC Aufrusten und Repairen" my work is contained in it
  • HOT SHAREWARE Numero 46 issue, pg. 54 (PC ware mag from Spain), my work is there, first one featured, yet again[/b]

The one I am MOST PROUD OF, because it is for an excellent company, with excellent wares, is the one in Windows NT mag (very respected, even today, though they have changed names several times from Windows NT mag, Windows 2000 mag, Windows.NET mag, Windows IT Pro mag)!

It was an EXCELLENT review, by Mr. Enck, by the by, for great products for server level & yes, even HOME USER SYSTEM environs, for both wares.

(AND, I am NOT the only 1 @ this site that can do that, our HOST here, W1zzard? By now, He may actually be able to put ME to shame!)

Heck, I quit "collecting" this stuff, years ago, around 2003-2004 iirc... there were some outta the UK a few years back, around 2004-2005, some shareware/freeware mag, but I never wrote them for a copy! Didn't feel the need, but it was NICE to see in BORDERS BOOKS on the mag rack, my work, my name.

Do you have the same "MASTER LIBELLER"?

Where's that degree in Psychiatry OR Psychology, that proves YOU are certified to make assessments on my sanity, now that I have provided what YOU asked for?

Can anyone say "LIBEL"?

This "Great Legal Mind" sure makes a LOT of mistakes on legal grounds - libel being one.

And I can call someone who fabricates things insane since that is a sign of insanity. Don't fabricate things and I will not have to call you anything.

LOL, well... "ask & ye shall receive", I provided the proofs you asked for... now, where are the ONES I ASK FOR (heck w/ the MASTERS DEGREE in this field or one related to it, I KNOW you don't have that much)... because if you're going to libel me?

You're going to need them.

Only in your mind not to any respected member of the field. Delusions of granduer are designed to conver up deep rooted insecurities. Maybe you father didn't play with you enough I don't know. But the fact is you don't like me or my site because it discredits some of your baseless beliefs that you try to force on impressionable kids.

Sure, sure... show me articles, code in commercial works, & contributions thereof, commercially sold products of your own, etc. as I can for you, by your request after YOU attempt to insult me thus, & LIBEL ME (w/ no degree in Psychiatry OR Psychology, etc. et al)?

Yea, then... we BELIEVE YOU man! lol...

APK

P.S.=> You shot your mouth off, now eat it... apk

Last edited:

Mastertech

*gasp* Alec you don't have all your "creds" hotkeyed to the keyboard? How are those google searches coming....

Alec§taar

Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
*gasp* Alec you don't have all your "creds" hotkeyed to the keyboard? How are those google searches coming....

LOL, reaching still are we? While you're @ it?? Reach for your foot, & take it outta your mouth... lol!

:)

* I am NOT done yet above, merely providing what YOU ask for, though you strangely avoid providing what I merely ask for in return now...

ABOVE ALL - hey, YOU ASKED!

APK

P.S.=> And, the libel, directed my way, calling ME insane... great legal mind YOU have! Man... apk

Last edited:

Namslas90

Well a few minutes of research netted some intresting results. According to Mastertech's link to "his" homepage; Mastertech is Andrew K. Has been a tech help representitive for Dell and has been helping people with computer since 1981 starting with the TI99/4A. Intresting, I have one of those in my garage, havn't used it in years, it doesn't do much more than my old TRS-80 did. Yet for some reason this doesn't seem correct. Also his homepage content was copyrighted 2007 ?? Kind of new date for someone in the business for 25+ years. In fact the more i looked the more intresting it got. Could not find any mention of Andrew K in the TI99 TI99/4A user base, group base, knowledge base, etc. Couldn't find andrew K in any 'system' base. Could only find his own claims in his own site located here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/index.html

Andrew K about file link here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/About.html

Testing

Namslas, that's interesting isn't it?

I had to remove some sentences that were surrounded by quotes, but were not direct quotes from any one person(if they were, there was no mention of who or where..) in order to stop the paragraphs from looking as confusing in some places.

Then I started thinking, maybe this guy ripped somebody else off, but I wouldn't dare begin to assume that; doesn't really matter, the author on that Comcast site isn't getting anything out of it, except for publicity now because of Mastertech. You notice the website has copyright but not the actual documented pages?

Master..um, so, well the author calls it his blog pages so..I think you and him should get some things straight before you stumble again.
Speaking of stumbling, any chance of verifying your email account at Comcast.net, or are you going to tell us that Andrew is a thief of YOUR work, and that's your convenient excuse for not receiving emails to that account?

(You guys think maybe he's one of the Windows XP Tweak thread authors here at the forums, and is upset?)

Mastertech

Well a few minutes of research netted some intresting results. According to Mastertech's link to "his" homepage; Mastertech is Andrew K. Has been a tech help representitive for Dell and has been helping people with computer since 1981 starting with the TI99/4A. Intresting, I have one of those in my garage, havn't used it in years, it doesn't do much more than my old TRS-80 did. Yet for some reason this doesn't seem correct. Also his homepage content was copyrighted 2007 ?? Kind of new date for someone in the business for 25+ years. In fact the more i looked the more intresting it got. Could not find any mention of Andrew K in the TI99 TI99/4A user base, group base, knowledge base, etc. Couldn't find andrew K in any 'system' base. Could only find his own claims in his own site located here:
Do you all have the APK mental condition? I never worked for Dell I said I am Dell certified. The copyright notice is updated every year but it should say 2002-2007. Which is a good idea. Those user bases are relatively new and only relevant since the Internet as we know it has been around. At which point I was working with 486 and Pentium systems. Good luck finding much on anyone on the Internet before 1996. I haven't used a TI computer since the 80s.

Mastertech

Namslas, that's interesting isn't it?

I had to remove some sentences that were surrounded by quotes, but were not direct quotes from any one person(if they were, there was no mention of who or where..) in order to stop the paragraphs from looking as confusing in some places.

Then I started thinking, maybe this guy ripped somebody else off, but I wouldn't dare begin to assume that; doesn't really matter, the author on that Comcast site isn't getting anything out of it, except for publicity now because of Mastertech.

Master..um, so, well the author calls it his blog pages so..I think you and him should get some things straight before you stumble again.

Speaking of stumble, Nams you notice that the website is copyright, but the actual documentation pages are not...loophole?
Send me an email to my email address! Why do you refuse to do this. Go to my page EMAIL me and I will post it here. That will prove in seconds who I am. Copyright is enforceable even if it is not stated. Either way my content is coming off this page.

Alec§taar

Do you all have the APK mental condition

LOL, me, "mental" now?

* Hey, where's that Phd in psychiatry, Master libeller?

APK

P.S.=> Open mouth & insert foot, on YOUR part, yet again... you asked me for proofs, insulting me in the doing of it (or, lol, trying to, & only looking the fool w/ the egg on your face)... where is yours? apk

Namslas90

Do you all have the APK mental condition? I never worked for Dell I said I am Dell certified. The copyright notice is updated every year but it should say 2002-2007. Which is a good idea. Those user bases are relatively new and only relevant since the Internet as we know it has been around. At which point I was working with 486 and Pentium systems. Good luck finding much on anyone on the Internet before 1996. I haven't used a TI computer since the 80s.

Ok, but the TI99/4A user base info is as old as the TI99/4A (circa 1981)!! So, that doesn't make any sense now does it??

Alec§taar

There is a reason APK has these things posted on the Internet About him:

http://www.petitiononline.com/jlittle1/petition.html

:laugh:

LOL, take a look @ Windows IT Pro mag, where I took that fool down in a second, right here:

http://www.windowsitpro.com/articles/index.cfm?articleid=41095&cpage=190#feedbackAnchor

Along w/ Dr. Mark Russinovich!

Mr. Russinovich, no less, whose work I corrected that year, prior to that article issuing (might have been December the year before, because iirc, that article came out in Jan month 2003) & he thanked me for no less in email for!

Write him - he WON'T deny this.

You talk a lot, make accusations, but man... you keep 'opening mouth & inserting foot'... TOO easy. The libel of myself though? Bad move.

That URL above is where Mark R. has YET to disprove the points I made about the effectiveness of "Ram optimizers" as he calls them...

(FACT IS, HERE ON THIS SITE, IN THIS VERY THREAD, LAST PAGE? I used KEY POINTS FROM IT, backed by Microsoft & IBM no less, which I cite to Wile E on the last page of this thread, regarding where/what/when/how & why of them being useful & GOOD FOR PERFORMANCE in 'industrial application' type computer scenarios from IBM & Microsoft no less!)

Yes, he's a "RESPECTED" individual in this field yes? An MS employee now, YES??

Funny... he didn't get the better of me, & I have been waiting now for 4 yrs. for him to do so... no replies! Not even in email, & we worked for the same company contracted out wares in 1998-1999 iirc on the dates no less...& again, he did correspond w/ me FAST for helping him fix some rather "ROOKIE" errors in his work.

Hey, the guy is good, but he is NOT 'god of computers'... nobody is. WELL, 'mastertech' just MIGHT be (NOT), but... see, with him being a god?

YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN HIS ABILITIES - not proofs like HE demands of others, lol!

APK

Last edited:

Namslas90

There is a reason APK has these things posted on the Internet About him:

http://www.petitiononline.com/jlittle1/petition.html

:laugh:

The guy who wrote that, was here visiting also. Funny, but he rambles like you, maybe you two have something in common?? Doesn't counter all the Mag's/other evidence AlecStarr has. This is fun, and it's keeping me awake!! It would be funny if i got electrocuted tomarow because of lack of sleep.:roll:

Testing

Oh I see, he doesn't work for Dell, but he's Dell certified. Wow..I don't know which would be worse actually. I remember when getting Microsoft certified was a big deal..really. Now we just mock something like that.

And TI99/4A owns... Carfax Abbey... somebody PLEASE find me that game... ;cries;

Master..um you already have emails. No response yet. This is a case of my word versus yours.

Good luck!

Alec§taar

The guy who wrote that, was here visiting also. Funny, but he rambles like you, maybe you two have something in common?? Doesn't counter all the Mag's/other evidence AlecStarr has. This is fun, and it's keeping me awake!! It would be funny if i got electrocuted tomarow because of lack of sleep.:roll:

Man, it is me too, but... this guys' UNREAL!

* Have fun man, get some rest... I proved my point, upon request to "the alleged MasterTech" (master libeller is more like it).

APK

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
What an unprofessional manner to render a complaint.

This thread is closed, and all material that is subject of complaint by the alleged holder of the copyright will be removed. Whether the copyright exists and is legal or not is irrelevant. The data contained within is not worth listening to this, in the sole opinion of me.

If you find the original data valuable it can be viewed in its original format here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.