• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Evolve big alpha

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
It has some good moments, when people come together and work as a team..but then I think about how simplistic it really is and the fact that coming together and some simple strategy isn't all that difficult. It really highlights how dumbed down online games have become.
I am sure they'll improve it, but if they don't change the pattern of : monster run, eat, hide, run, eat, hide, evolve > attack hunters then it will get repetitive.

The real let down was friend inviting didnt work on PC.

Versus other successful FPS games where its run, hide, shoot cover, die respawn.
I find the game quite fun and dynamic and its just the Alpha. You can sneak around or pounce around.

its only going to be as fun as those playing the game. Noobish people are too easy but when people know what they are doing it becomes more challenging.

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Versus other successful FPS games where its run, hide, shoot cover, die respawn.
I find the game quite fun and dynamic and its just the Alpha. You can sneak around or pounce around.

its only going to be as fun as those playing the game. Noobish people are too easy but when people know what they are doing it becomes more challenging.
In those other games, each participant can make use of that strategy(ies) almost equally as it benefits and hurts them just the same.
In Evolve, there is nothing else for the monster to do. At first he's the hunted, and then after he 'buffs' from run>eat>hide, he becomes the hunter.

The human hunters have no way to gain or build any benefits of their own other than random miscellaneous and short lived buffs from world mobs (that rarely any one bothers to engage).

Each game follows the same pattern and ultimately leads to the same scenario/ending:

A) Find the monster as soon as possible and burn it down before he can run off and buff
B) Defend against the stage 2 or stage 3 monster, from it killing you, or it destroying the generator(stage 3)

It will never play out any different. The only reason there's any variation in the above, is because of people not knowing what they are doing and/or have some type of connection issue and lag or disconnect.

They fixed that. My mate and I had no problems playing together today.
Fixed as in you just logged in and clicked the invite button at main menu? We tried it and it doesn't respond.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Fixed as in you just logged in and clicked the invite button at main menu? We tried it and it doesn't respond.

Worked fine for us. We redid it a few times looking for new groups to play with

Just did another game against a team as the monster. Gonna go out on a limb here and say the monster is actually under powered by a bit. Seriously, I got locked in those stupid orbs twice, and there's no way I can do anything if I can't run away and have barely any health. I can only fight so much, but damn near everyone has some type of shield or is getting constantly healed and it is like my attacks do absolutely nothing sometimes. I even down people, and then still they come back to life? How exactly does that work - and I'm not talking about downing, I'm talking about kill them fully after being downed. People should not be able to come back alive. Also, I got locked out of the power core by them camping it and then using the blue shield so it was an inch from the power core and I couldn't get to it. Seriously...

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Ya but all you have to do is swipe down the medic or trapper and they're done pretty much. Few people manage to shield or revive in time, and if they do try, you simply turn around and burn down the both of them.
The huge advantage to the monster is that one hit on a player throws them clear across the area, knocks them down, takes huge health away and the incapacitates them so they can't jetpack or jump away.

And THAT is my biggest gripe. I spend all this time chasing and running circles on the monster and then when I do outsmart him, lay the trap and start the fight, he simply hits me down and finishes me off.

IF that doesn't happen, then we don't lose. Perfect example earlier, the same room of players for about ten matches. Every time this one guy was monster, he'd constantly get lucky and slip through Trapper domes and /or manage to catch the medic or trapper alone and the one flurry of attacks and that was that. Swap in another player who didn't get luck their way, or didn't single out the targets with the right attacks, and we crowd controlled him much better.

I understand the monster frustration though, I've had it...seemingly you just can't quite get the person down that you want and in the end you have to run or stand and die.

It's all about which ability you hit them with first, as mentioned above.

This game would be so much better without the jetpacks.

Last edited:
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Opinions that don't match yours make you butthurt.. that's cute..

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Guys stay on topic.

EDIT: Beta has been extended until Tuesday!

Last edited:
System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Matches are starting to get longer for me. I went from an average of 5-7 minutes games to 15+ min games.

In those other games, each participant can make use of that strategy(ies) almost equally as it benefits and hurts them just the same.
In Evolve, there is nothing else for the monster to do. At first he's the hunted, and then after he 'buffs' from run>eat>hide, he becomes the hunter.

The human hunters have no way to gain or build any benefits of their own other than random miscellaneous and short lived buffs from world mobs (that rarely any one bothers to engage).

Each game follows the same pattern and ultimately leads to the same scenario/ending:

A) Find the monster as soon as possible and burn it down before he can run off and buff
B) Defend against the stage 2 or stage 3 monster, from it killing you, or it destroying the generator(stage 3)

It will never play out any different. The only reason there's any variation in the above, is because of people not knowing what they are doing and/or have some type of connection issue and lag or disconnect.

That is the idea, the roles are supposed to switch.
Well you get perks as you level up. The buffs aren't really that short lived but they will go away. Not sure their time span though and people are starting to realize their significance now.

Sure it won't really play differently because the game is designed to play a certain way. Its like saying Left 4 Dead will never play differently, you'll just try and survive but maybe you didn't like that either. I'm not trying to convince you to like this I'm just giving perspective.

Variations are a result of peoples actions, period. At this point I don't see very many lags or DC and if someone leaves they are quickly replaced with a new connector. People are now level 14 and up and games are getting longer/harder/more fun.

Had a match where level 3 monster knocked 3 of us out leaving only the assult. I told the guy to wait for the drop-ship and go hide. Monster goes to destroy power node. Single guy manages to stall quarter health monster. We spawn with just a few hits in the power node left and take down the beast for good just as our brave hero was about to be put down. Monster put up a good fight and that was a really fun 17 min long match.

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
They put out a patch earlier that helped with the matchmaking a bit. I played a couple rounds. I think the monster is to OP personally. Too fast, you can barely catch up with it and when you do it just Insta-Stomps you.
The monster is supposed to be too fast to catch. they want to to play smarter, not harder :) I am constantly looking at the map, trying to figure out where he's headed, and cut him off. If you're "chasing" him, you're just making his job that much easier.

I've been using the buffs as soon as I saw them. First game, I alerted to "An albino *something-or-other*", and decided that must be important, so I shot it. "Ooooh, buffy :) I'll take", and use them every chance I get. They last 1 minute, from what I can tell.

We had a couple of <2 minute games, but those were due to the monster getting insta-gibbed by a lake monster, or wandering too far off the map into the water. Most of the rest were 5-10 min games, with a few 15-20 minutes that were really fun.

Sometimes you get a break, and the team you're playing with actually understand their roles. I still haven't played the medic (last on my list), and only got the monster once, and got disconnected getting ready to chow down on a mega-brute :(. Assault is ok, Support is pretty cool, but I like the trapper best. If I play well, and get some good support, I can lock him down pretty well. After I got to Griffin, and started using the Mic-Spikes, it definitely changes the dynamics of the game. But, by keeping an eye on the map to make sure I'm getting good overlap on the mics, I can still be a pretty useful member, and laying down a spread can make sure he doesn't double back without us knowing it.

Not sure I want to stick with Griffin, because Daisy is definitely helpful sending us the right way (as long as everyone watches her), but I'm glad I get a little more time to try him out, anyway.

We got tagged with a Kraken monster in one game, and that thing absolutely OWNED us. That thing is nasty....

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
I try to get the buffs but two problems :

A) The team isn't paying attention and doesn't pick them up
B) Shooting the monsters to kill them, gives away our position to the monster

I'm looking forward to Griffin.

Maybe you're on tonight?

Matches are starting to get longer for me. I went from an average of 5-7 minutes games to 15+ min games.

Had a match where level 3 monster knocked 3 of us out leaving only the assult. I told the guy to wait for the drop-ship and go hide. Monster goes to destroy power node. Single guy manages to stall quarter health monster. We spawn with just a few hits in the power node left and take down the beast for good just as our brave hero was about to be put down. Monster put up a good fight and that was a really fun 17 min long match.

Ya sounds good, I'm looking forward to better activity all around.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I'll look for ya :) *cheers*

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Anyone pm me a key? I'm already in but my buddy wants in and the page where you redeem the registration codes no longer exists

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Is there another session planned?