• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Processor Core i7 4790K
Motherboard ASRock Z87 OC Formula
Memory 8 GB Dominator GT 2400
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 GAMING X2 SLI
Storage 128 2xSSD Corsair GS Raid0
Display(s) Samsung S27D590P
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek 1150
Power Supply Thermaltake Tough Power 1200
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Checked it. Everything is working perfect except that center speaker :(
Which model of Realtek chip is on your board ?
Only difference between u and me is driver version I think ! I use 2.79
And please double check the tutorial and make sure u do everything right .

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
I've seen a few posts pop up with people saying that their ASUS/Creative/Whatever cards work with Dolby Digital Live on Win 10. This is false, it is broken within Win 10, and until Microsoft fixes it, we are SOL.

Here is a screenshot from the audio options for a Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro with the latest Windows 10 drivers/software from Creative. The EXACT same problem between any cards that support DDL and/or DTS.

Processor Core i7 4790K
Motherboard ASRock Z87 OC Formula
Memory 8 GB Dominator GT 2400
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 GAMING X2 SLI
Storage 128 2xSSD Corsair GS Raid0
Display(s) Samsung S27D590P
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek 1150
Power Supply Thermaltake Tough Power 1200
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
I've seen a few posts pop up with people saying that their ASUS/Creative/Whatever cards work with Dolby Digital Live on Win 10. This is false, it is broken within Win 10, and until Microsoft fixes it, we are SOL.

Here is a screenshot from the audio options for a Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro with the latest Windows 10 drivers/software from Creative. The EXACT same problem between any cards that support DDL and/or DTS.

Thanks for sharing .
What is your Win10 build ?

arsalanpro

Which model of Realtek chip is on your board ?
Only difference between u and me is driver version I think ! I use 2.79
And please double check the tutorial and make sure u do everything right .
Finally I upgraded to 2.79 and it worked. Thankyou so much sir, you've no idea how much I am happy :)
Thanks alot! keep helping others! :) (Y)
#Respect

Ruben Portier

Is it finally possible to have DTS Interactive or Dolby Digital Live working on Windows 10 NON-Insider? I would really like my surround sound back!

Processor i7 6700K
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Is it finally possible to have DTS Interactive or Dolby Digital Live working on Windows 10 NON-Insider? I would really like my surround sound back!
No. Read three posts up.

Processor i7 6700K
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10

dnNdirty

Ok I started playing back around with this again, I'm on win7 64bit , ALC889A azelia chip.
Figured out where a lot of folks may be having trouble ...

I was going to realtek for the Drivers, I decided to go get them from gigibyte instead.

I used the system file (signed) from Gamespirits mod, and 2bads A1 dll page two.
slipped them into the Install.

Ran drive sweeper, and installed.

On reboot, had Dolby live and DTS in soundman, the last way I had to access the sound system properties to select.

Im going to slip Gamespirts mod and the manufacturer Driver together (with out rewriting any then but the Sys and dll and try that...

But whats been burning my but is No matter the driver I cant use stereomix to record.

I found a r2.72 that claims to fix that so before I try the other, I like game spirits mod more options, I slip those two together.

Just thought I'd post this well fresh...

Last edited:

"It should be available in our internal builds by next Wednesday. That doesn't mean that any build we send to you after Wednesday will have it though... We pick a build, run it internally for a few days or a couple of weeks, then we send it out to the Windows Insiders.

That's not an answer, but I hope it helps somewhat."

To sum things up, hope you guys can wait till 2016 for a fix to a problem they knew was already broke 6+ months ago.

Cant wait until we get update for 5.1 ddl or dts connect/interactive over spidf/optical on windows 10, nightmare gaming in stereo.

System Name AMD
Processor Phenom X4 965
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Scythe Kama Angle with Arctic Cooling
Memory Corsair 8 GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 270x
Storage Kingston SSD + Toshiba HDD
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Case Fractal
Power Supply XFX 550W
Hello all,

Just reinstalled Windows 8.1 and have a small annoyance again. DTS Interactive worked before using DSEO and signing files and works now, following this easier A1 guide (thanx!)

Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 - 32/64 bit - R2.79 A1/M1:
Code:
http://rghost.net/6RfCvqBY9
Instructions inside README.txt
Thanks to 2bad for original modified drivers. Made using R2.79 original files.

For Windows 10 DTS/DDL bug, wait for official patch for by Microsoft.

I use s/pdif connection to AV receiver for general music, watching films mostly using KODI (with stereo using Pro-logic processing, ac3, DTS), and also have a collection of multichannel surround music, mostly in DTS format. Listening to this music using s/pdif isn't simple, because I should have bit-perfect s/pdif sound card (expensive and complicated in my situation) or use DTS Interactive onboard which also works great. But I cannot keep DTS Interactive turned on all the time and for some reason I have trouble seeing options in control panel again. It used to look like this in Win7 and with some version of driver also in W8.1

Which was handy, but now again it doesn't show in control panel:

Yup, like it doesn't work. But it is available in control panel > sound > realtek digital out (properties) > advanced

So just now I tried a bunch of drivers, including 2 versions from Gigabyte, Realtek's 2.70, 2.73 and 2.79., almost endless restarting and cannot get that option back.

Is there something that can be done to make it appear in Realtek's control panel? Registry key or something?

edit: this is all I see in registry

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7-5820K @ 4.5Ghz (1.284v , 25*C)
Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
Cooling NZXT Kraken X61
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC - Blower fan
Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Benchmark Scores Rosewill RHSP-13001: Complete system with dual lcd and peripherals @LOAD ~$35/Mo.
Had you signed into Windows with signed digital signatures turned off before installing the drivers?

Know one gets 5.1 in windows 10, its a windows problem by what i have read in this thread, are you saying windows 10 has now released correct drivers for 5.1 over optical ?

Pretty sure project cars is 5.1

My DTS Decode light is on while playing, but if its stereo ONLY front speakers work.
Project cars is using all speakers, and sounds like 5.1 when spinning the car around in circles using outside view.

Same with Star Wars Battlefront Beta, definitely sound coming from all speakers using 5.1/7.1 audio setting.

Stereo is only giving you prologic, so your still get sound coming from rear speakers, that wont be 5.1/7.1 thou, unless your useing hdmi, its a fact 5.1 over optical aint working on win 10 for anyone, but microsoft say there working on it.

zibidi123

i use win 10 10547 (last build) and i have z906 connected via coax cable
i can get dts sound or Dolby digital with movies(k lite codec) but some dd movies broken like a hell when check dd compatibility on control panel there is no problem and some movies no problem i ı dont know where is problem i think its win 10 bug
i tried earlyer builds ddl or dts interactive they Show up on realtek control panel but no sound

i use win 10 10547 (last build) and i have z906 connected via coax cable
i can get dts sound or Dolby digital with movies(k lite codec) but some dd movies broken like a hell when check dd compatibility on control panel there is no problem and some movies no problem i ı dont know where is problem i think its win 10 bug
i tried earlyer builds ddl or dts interactive they Show up on realtek control panel but no sound

Yeh in movies is different to games, as audio aint decoded, my optical/coax works fine for dolby digital for dvd/blurays, but wont work for games as its decoded with digital live or dts connect.

genuine3000

Yeh in movies is different to games, as audio aint decoded, my optical/coax works fine for dolby digital for dvd/blurays, but wont work for games as its decoded with digital live or dts connect.
Indeed thats the problem

genuine3000

Indeed thats the problem
Information from Microsoft if there is a fix "Yes you have to be an Insider to get the fix. Eventually, the fix will go out to "regular users" probably thru the November Update to Theshold2 (that's what the Insiders are testing now).s you have to be an Insider to get the fix. Eventually, the fix will go out to "regular users" probably thru the November Update to Theshold2 (that's what the Insiders are testing now)."

Ruben Portier

To clear things up a bit, Dolby Digital en DTS are decoded sound-streams. They both only support dual channel, that's the main reason why the audio needs to be encoded, so that it would be possible to have more then 2 channels over a 2-channel line. Most movies (DVD and/or BlueRay) have their audio encoded on the disc. Some games, like BF3, BF:BC2 (yes, I'm a Battlefield-fan! :D) etc., some others, don't. The games that do not have the audio encoded in the source files, do mostly support surround sound (5.1, 7.1 etc.). The problem however is, that your digital connection-cable only suppors 2 channels, as explained earlier. So, that's where DTS Interactive and Dolbly Digital Live come in place. They encode all audio before it leaves the soundcard from you computer, and encodes it. All multichannel audio will be encoded in a way that your DTS or Dolby Digital-certified receiver can decode it and know which part of the audio is for which channel (speaker (front, rear, sides, sub etc.)).

To sum it up again: you can have multichannel surround audio from your computer to your receiver with Windows 10, but you cannot 'live' encode multichannel audio. Only audio that is already encoded will be received as multichannel by your receiver. We will have to wait till Microsoft releases the audio-driver-bug in Windows 10 before we can start using live encoding again. The fix for Insiders seems good, and by further testing we can only hope that Microsoft push this to Windows 10 release a.s.a.p.