1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

£2500 gaming system help

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by nerbzz, Feb 9, 2014.

1. nerbzz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I am building a new system to play online with some friends. I have not owned a gaming pc since 2007ish and am very much out of touch. Can anyone suggest a good build prefer amd cpu /nvidia gpu and decent monitor too.

I know it's a big ask but thanks if you can help I would appreciate it....thanks

2. nerbzz New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Your budget?

4. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    In the title, £2500.

Are you Intel-phobic? Intel CPU's are better. More expensive but if you're budget is that high...

jgunning says thanks.
  5. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Facepalm..I will just go take my tablets.. lol

6. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    i7 4770k + 8GB 1600mhz ram + any midrange or better z87 motherboard + 1TB WD blue + R9 290 Tri-x/windforce + 650w psu + case + cpu cooler
    That should run all games 1080p max settings @ 60fps

7. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    Here's how I'd spend your fortune: PCPartPicker

Perhaps a gaming build would've been good enough with a much lesser motherboard, an i5 and 8GB of RAM, but you got money to burn, so what the hell.
    Don't let the 650W scare you, it's a Seasonic inside, and a very good one. It's plenty even with some serious overclocking, or SLI w/o OC. And it's super-cheap all things considered.

Now for the things not on the list:

Monitor: I recommend Eizo's brilliant Foris FG-2421. It's a native-120Hz MVA panel (not TN!), and it performs remarkably, is solidly built, and just about the only thing I'd fault it for is not supporting rotation into portrait mode.
    PCBuyIt carries the monitor for just under 420 GBP inc. VAT. You could get it a bit cheaper from here, though shipping price and waiting time might make that deal considerably less sweet.

Keyboard: I recommend the CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate w/ Cherry MX Browns. Full LED illumination (selectable color), good build quality.

Microphone: The Plantronics Audio 300 is a fantastic mic, I had the pleasure of using it, and it's sound quality is really great, plus it's noise cancellation is nice and efficient. It's also dirt-cheap.

I left the optical drive out, 'cause who needs those anymore? If you really want one, I suggest you grab an external USB drive which you'll only plug in when needed, then store away, or carry with you, if you're so inclined.

Arjai says thanks.
  8. M0rt

Thanks Received:
    ^Yep + Sammy 840 Pro SSD and the NZXT Kraken X60 (Perfect with the 630).