Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TheMailMan78, Apr 8, 2010.
Has anyone heard of an exact “Thuban” release date yet?
July-September this year.
Then there was a delay?
Oh, crap, didn't notice the date. But, I don't think its off by much. AMD has only said it will be in 2010 and that can't mean this quarter or they would have been more specific about months/days. Its probably going to be late Q3 or sometime in Q4.
I'm pretty sure it's the end of this month along with the 890fx chipset, unless something has changed.
Damn it I want dates! BTA do you hear me?!? DATES DAMN IT!
they should hit market by may. With no delay.
Crosshair IV gets released May 9th so most likely before that or on that date.
You getting that Crosshair?
Uh...will this do?
And this would make sense, given the recent bios updates to ASUS bords to support these cpus, last month.
Hooray I was right!
And I'll just add, I'm in for both the Crosshair, and Thuban. Not that it matters, but I'm excited for these two, for sure.
My thoughts exactly. Plus, nice spacing for Tri CrossFire, might give that a go too for fun. Right now, I'm using a single card for the first time with a new bios on it and am loving it. I didn't realize how much I really didn't need CrossFire to begin with.
Yeah, any single monitor is OK with 5850, unless 2560x1600, and 4xAA. Even then, this gen is pretty hefty from both sides...kinda sick really, that with 2 cards I can run 5670x1080 @ 60FPS.
And yeah, I'd really like to get tri-fired 2GB cards and a sound card on a single board...or maybe 2 Ares?
I cannot decide...
Only problem is most of the boards they listed do not have the bios updates yet.
Has since March 26th.
CrossHair 4 Formula bios is @ 505 now... 0603 release, I think...some boards do, some don't, but if the release if ~3 weeks away, they have time...
I know. I just wish they would hurry up with mine. I cannot wait to try Photoshop out with a new 6 core.
The issue is how to know what BIOS version a brand new motherboard (and CPU purchase) is shipping with if you wwant to allow for Thuban native support.... I dont want to have to buy another cpu just to flash my BIOS so I can then buy the CPU I want to end up with.....
that does it somehow someway im gonna get the money i need to upgrade to AM3 ..... even if it means taking out a loan with a ridiculous intrest rate MY HARDWARE FIX DEMANDS IT
I want Thuban, but you can keep the overpriced Crosshair. I'll grab a nice Gigabyte board instead.
last time i heard it was 26th of april
i just want a Am3 cpu this 940 mobo and ram are killing me with a nice 965 i can sell the 940 with the 940 sold i can buy a 890gx with the 790 gx sold well u get the idea i dont need super high end just need to get to 3.8 and eliminate the bottleneck
Here you go mailman:
April 26, along with 890FX.
Separate names with a comma.