• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

$1200 Budget Gaming PC

Processor i7 6900k @ 4.3GHZ
Motherboard MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon
Cooling CPU/GPU loop with 480mm and 360mm radiators
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz C15
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA 1080 SC ACX @ 1830/1330
Storage Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, WD 2TB Black HDD
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply EVGA 850W Gold 80 plus PSU
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hey guys, my friend is looking to build a budget gaming PC for around $1200 (He wants to have someone assemble it for him so -$78.00) Since we live in Australia i thought that it would be impossible as everything is so expensive. I made him a build and would link it but i did it on his PC. He has a really old keyboard and a new HD TV that he doesn't mind using until he can afford to replace them with a monitor and new keyboard. I have 2 140MM fans and antivirus left over from my PC that i said he could use. I was wondering if anyone had built or knew of a good build around that price and would recommend it. He doesn't really mind not having a SSD, and a 1Tb HD would suffice. The build i made him was based around an XFX 7870 and an i5 3570, what do you guys think?

Processor Intel® Core i5 6600
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2400mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 G1 4GB Gaming
Storage 256GB Intel SSD 525 Series
Display(s) 24" LG LED Monitor
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply Seasonic MK12II 620W
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 x64
Hey guys, my friend is looking to build a budget gaming PC for around $1200 (He wants to have someone assemble it for him so -$78.00) Since we live in Australia i thought that it would be impossible as everything is so expensive. I made him a build and would link it but i did it on his PC. He has a really old keyboard and a new HD TV that he doesn't mind using until he can afford to replace them with a monitor and new keyboard. I have 2 140MM fans and antivirus left over from my PC that i said he could use. I was wondering if anyone had built or knew of a good build around that price and would recommend it. He doesn't really mind not having a SSD, and a 1Tb HD would suffice. The build i made him was based around an XFX 7870 and an i5 3570, what do you guys think?

G'day fello aussie! Well for 1200 bucks you could get a decent build for sure!
I use these guys http://www.ddcomputer.com.au/index.php and just buy all the parts seperately and build it myself.
I just had a look - http://www.ddcomputer.com.au/prod-3...ce_Gaming_PC_Intel_Core_i7_3770_Quad_CPU.html

This build is fair decent for the money..?
Hope this helps :toast:

So are you set on an intel build?If you wanted to get abit of a cheaper build you could go amd..?I run an amd rig and its never missed a beat, can basically play any game to date on high.So maybe this is a solution..?