1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1gb USB pendrive RAW system file help needed..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by psyko12, Nov 16, 2009.

1. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone here guide me on how to format this usb drive?
    Earlier I was able to use it and copy/move things off and onto the drive, safety removed it then off to a friends house and then plugged it in, nothing happened it didn't even recognized the name of the drive, all it said was "Removable Storage" when I try to click/explore it it always returned as "Incorrect parameter" or something like that.

I was not able to format it normally or via disk management utility under xp and 7....

Could this still be formattable? Could I still save it?

Hope somebody could help me...

P.S. IDK if this is a H/W or S/W issue so I posted here @ GNHW. Mods feel free to transfer this to the appropriate section if needed be. Thanks
    :cry:

2. IINexusII

IINexusII

Thanks Received:
    delete the partition from disk management and try making a new partition again in fat32 or whatever you had before

3. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Dont mention RAW system file to me, last time I saw that I had to RMA my Sammie F1, I think it may well be fubarred.

Good thing is its only a 1gb drive lol, you should be able to pick one for for $2?

4. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Hi and thanks for the quick reply, I could not do that since it does not display the "RAW" file system type. It just states a drive letter and blank picture where the file system should be like the other drives

Heh unfortunately this is a gift from a dear friend but sadly it fubarred rofl