• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1usmus Power Plan for AMD Ryzen - New Developments

Processor Intel i7 13900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360
Memory 32 Gb Kingston Fury Renegade 6400 C32
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 OC
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO + 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 2 TB Samsung 870
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A + Samsung C24RG50
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G6 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Benchmark Scores 3dMark TimeSpy - 26698 Cinebench R23 2258/40751
According to you.

I read your post, but simply cannot take any conclusions from it because I have no idea HOW you came to your conclusions.

You need to break down exactly how your system is configured, motherboard make and model, hardware configuration, BIOS version, BIOS settings, AGESA version, which version of Windows, what patch level, what software and drivers are installed, and comparisons between 1usmus's plans. and AMDs latest etc.

Then maybe we can work out if these power plans still actually do anything different from AMDs power plans.

And maybe you now realise that what I stated above is a hell of a lot of work, and if 1usmus simply just responded, then he would be able to set the record straight instantly, as only he knows the full ins and outs of his powerplan, and why he chose the settings he did, as well as AMDs, and why they work as they do. I also know that he has a special knowledge of AMS's AGESA and what impact the newer versions have made to power management etc, clocking, and thermal management, which may have a fundamental effect on the information in this thread.

Actually in my system specs you could find most of the information needed, and I have the latest version of BIOS and drivers available.
My report above was quite detailed about my CPU's behavior.
With AMD High Performance power plan I cannot reach advertised turbo boost speed, while I can do that with 1usmus Universal Plan.
Difference in CB20 results are narrow, but still better with 1usmus plan.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Actually in my system specs you could find most of the information needed, and I have the latest version of BIOS and drivers available.
My report above was quite detailed about my CPU's behavior.
With AMD High Performance power plan I cannot reach advertised turbo boost speed, while I can do that with 1usmus Universal Plan.
Difference in CB20 results are narrow, but still better with 1usmus plan.
I'm confused, as I'm using the latest AMD power plan, included with the latest chipset drivers, and my 3900X system is also boosting up to 4.6GHz, on a fresh clean install of Windows 10 2004 Build 19041.450...

Your post does not state what version/build of Windows your running, which is important, I also cannot see what motherboard you have, or BIOS version, or AGESA version. You also do not state if it was a clean install of Windows, and you do not state whether you re-installed Windows between installing the AMD chipset drivers (which you also fail to mention the version number), and using 1usmus's power plan.

Without this information, and proper testing, I can only see that your findings work for YOUR use case/system, and yet mine functions perfectly fine with the latest AMD drivers and power plan. Which one of us is right?

Last edited:
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I'm confused, as I'm using the latest AMD power plan, included with the latest chipset drivers, and my 3900X system is also boosting up to 4.6GHz, on a fresh clean install of Windows 10 2004 Build 19041.450...

Your post does not state what version/build of Windows your running, which is important, I also cannot see what motherboard you have, or BIOS version, or AGESA version. You also do not state if it was a clean install of Windows, and you do not state whether you re-installed Windows between installing the AMD chipset drivers (which you also fail to mention the version number), and using 1usmus's power plan.

Without this information, and proper testing, I can only see that your findings work for YOUR use case/system, and yet mine functions perfectly fine with the latest AMD drivers and power plan. Which one of us is right?
Are you using a proper browser ? Or maybe you are using a mobile browser ?

Under my name there is a "System Specs" button where you can find information about my hardware, and I already said I'm using latest BIOS (1004, 3 days old...) and latest AGESA available. And latest AMD chipset drivers from AMD website.
The only thing I didn't mention was Windows 10 version, which is 1909.

I don't understand what do you mean with "fresh installation". Clearly I'm not going to re-install Windows every time I update my drivers :kookoo:

edit: just to be sure I just updated window to version 2004, and I’ve got almost the same results. My score is perfectly fine, so the system is working as expected. But 1usmus power plan is just working slightly better on my PC. TBH the difference seems to be reduced with Windows 2004. I will check for a few days.

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Are you using a proper browser ? Or maybe you are using a mobile browser ?

Under my name there is a "System Specs" button where you can find information about my hardware, and I already said I'm using latest BIOS (1004, 3 days old...) and latest AGESA available. And latest AMD chipset drivers from AMD website.
The only thing I didn't mention was Windows 10 version, which is 1909.

I don't understand what do you mean with "fresh installation". Clearly I'm not going to re-install Windows every time I update my drivers :kookoo:

edit: just to be sure I just updated window to version 2004, and I’ve got almost the same results. My score is perfectly fine, so the system is working as expected. But 1usmus power plan is just working slightly better on my PC. TBH the difference seems to be reduced with Windows 2004. I will check for a few days.
I'm sorry, but I cannot accept your argument based on the fact that you are incapable of performing a proper a/b comparison, and you call me crazy for expecting you to be able to back your argument up with proper facts. You simply cannot use an out of date OS that may have been installed on your system for a year or more, with god knows anything running in the background, and all sorts of configuration and driver issues, and saying that "IT WORKS FOR ME, AND YOU ARE WRONG". You do understand that Microsoft has been making changes to the OS regarding the CPU scheduler, and much of that work was completed with Build 2004, which you are not even using?

I will say that its good for you that your system with an out of date OS, and not working properly with the latest AMD drivers and power plan, (which were no doubt installed over the top of the previous AMD drivers, which were installed over the ones before that) but mine does work properly, and I have done nothing to configure it, other than installing a computer in the correct way, using the latest available OS and drivers.

And the fact that you do not understand what a "fresh installation of Windows" means, is very telling of your technical abilities. Do you even know how to build a Windows installation image, wipe your system and install it from scratch? If not, you simply cannot lecture anyone on the validity of your arguments, as you are proceeding from a false assumption, based on a bad foundation.

I just saw your edit, so how did you install 2004? And which build number is it?

Last edited:
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I'm sorry, but I cannot accept your argument based on the fact that you are incapable of performing a proper a/b comparison, and you call me crazy for expecting you to be able to back your argument up with proper facts. You simply cannot use an out of date OS that may have been installed on your system for a year or more, with god knows anything running in the background, and all sorts of configuration and driver issues, and saying that "IT WORKS FOR ME, AND YOU ARE WRONG". You do understand that Microsoft has been making changes to the OS regarding the CPU scheduler, and much of that work was completed with Build 2004, which you are not even using?

I will say that its good for you that your system with an out of date OS, and not working properly with the latest AMD drivers and power plan, (which were no doubt installed over the top of the previous AMD drivers, which were installed over the ones before that) but mine does work properly, and I have done nothing to configure it, other than installing a computer in the correct way, using the latest available OS and drivers.

And the fact that you do not understand what a "fresh installation of Windows" means, is very telling of your technical abilities. Do you even know how to build a Windows installation image, wipe your system and install it from scratch? If not, you simply cannot lecture anyone on the validity of your arguments, as you are proceeding from a false assumption, based on a bad foundation.

I just saw your edit, so how did you install 2004? And which build number is it?
Dude, you are making a lot of baseless assumptions.
First of all: keep your evaluations for yourself. I am a (well paid) IT professionals since 1990, and I dont need lectures by a no-one on the web. Especially one not even able to read system specs from an user profile :rolleyes:

I know how to unistall and then upgrade AMD chipset drivers, and NOT, you don't need to make a new Windows installation every time you upgrade drivers. That's idiotic.

AMD explains everything here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install

No need to wipe Windows to update drivers (they are stating you don't need to uninstall the previous version... but I'm doing it nonetheless).

BTW you are the one claiming 1usmus power profile isn't valid, so the proof of validity is on you.

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Dude, you are making a lot of baseless assumptions.
First of all: keep your evaluations for yourself. I am a (well paid) IT professionals since 1990, and I dont need lectures by a no-one on the web. Especially one not even able to read system specs from an user profile :rolleyes:

I know how to unistall and then upgrade AMD chipset drivers, and NOT, you don't need to make a new Windows installation every time you upgrade drivers. That's idiotic.

AMD explains everything here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install

No need to wipe Windows to update drivers (they are stating you don't need to uninstall the previous version... but I'm doing it nonetheless).

BTW you are the one claiming 1usmus power profile isn't valid, so the proof of validity is on you.
OK, there is no point continuing this with you.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
OK, there is no point continuing this with you.
indeed. Your intervention wasn't requested since the beginning, as you asked for the thread to be deleted

Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
indeed. Your intervention wasn't requested since the beginning, as you asked for the thread to be deleted
As I said, Mr IT "expert", there is no point continuing this with you.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
As I said, Mr IT "expert", there is no point continuing this with you.
"continuing" ? You never started...

You just made wrong assumptions based on your ego...

uzig718

I apologize for bumping an old thread, however I figured it'd be better for me to reply here than to start a new thread elsewhere, and possibly in the wrong place.

I'm trying to find a way to have my RAM in my Acer Nitro 5 laptop to run at 3200mhz, (Ballistix 16gb x2 3200mhz) however Nitro 5 laptops (or their bios more specifically) do not supposed XMP.

Can I use this software to bump up my RAM's voltage from 1.2v to 1.35 which would (or should, I'm assuming), bump up the speed from 2666mhz to 3200mhz? I have Thaiphoon Burner and DRAM Calculator and trying to figure out exactly what to do in order to set my speed and/or voltage of my RAM to 3200mhz or 1.35v.

The stock RAM chips my laptop came with are 3200mhz and do run at 3200mhz so I know it supports it, but the stock RAM chips run at 3200mhz at 1.2v without XMP. I have another Nitro 5 with an Intel CPU and those same RAM chips (the stock ones) which are 3200mhz, run at only 2933mhz because that's the speed that Intel CPU's are max supported for. So my new Nitro 5 with AMD Ryzen 5800h, I just need to manually enable XMP somehow or change the voltage to 1.35v.

CPU-Z does state my RAM is running at 2666mhz, and that it's 1.2v, and at 1.35v it would run at 3200mhz. (Or more specifically, 1600mhz x2)

Any help or a link to a guide on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!