• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2 Ati Silencer 5 rev 2's dead from atitool

Chivalry

mine died the same when using ATI tool....... except mine only does it when i overclock :/

runs perfect for months... then when i OC, within a day the fan stops.... only way to get it working again is (this is weird) plug the OLD original HSF back into the grapics card... which spins up immediatly,,,,,, then disconnect it and re connect the Artic cooler silencer HSF... keep meaning to connect to the PSU directly but never got round to it... so my X800gto2 has been unlocked to 16 pipes but never overclocked :)
Not that it matters cuz i just orderd a new X1800XT !!! be here in the morning!!! huraah! :D

M

markkleb

I have been using AC coolers for 3 years now and never had a prob. My new comp has 7 of them inside.

When I built my new system I installed the dfi program to control the fans, when I clicked apply my cpu and exit fans stopped.

needless to say I uninstalled the program and let my fans run the way they want.

I read an article that said running them at 100% didnt make much of a difference anyway.

My X800GTO has been OCd to 550/1350 for 6 mos now and I have never had a prob.