1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2 BSODs in one day?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by MadClown, Oct 5, 2008.

1. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    That brings my total to 3 on this hardware configuration, all with Vista. A day after i got it I BSODed in Shadowrun, and today I BSODed in Crysis Warhead and COD4, so whats wrong here, my pc works and runs perfectly fine then just blue screens, is it a driver issue?
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    get the blue screen stop error. Make the Pc not restart on error, then you should get time enough to read and copy what it says.

Should say like STOP: 0X0000007c or similar. Google that 0X0 number sequence and read up a bit, I bet it soon becomes obvious!
    MadClown says thanks.
  3. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    good point sneeky, I just had mine BSOD three times ]= but my 4870X2 is knackered so I pin it down to that..
  4. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes, do as sneeky said. You can also view the log in event viewer that will give you the exact error code. From there you can actually link to the MS Help and Support Center and see what they have to say. I know, its not always helpful but its a start.

BTW, are we talking about a new rig or u just added a new component or 2? If its the latter i would start with your new hardware. It could also be driver related, make sure you clean your old drivers througly before installing new ones.
  5. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Im trying to aviod getting another bsod, but if it happens again ill have to do that

were is this event viewer? and no ive had the same rig since january, updated the disc drive and got rid of my sound card when i installed vista, its prolly just my card overheating
  6. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Event viewer is in Administrative Tools in XP, in Vista its probably something similar, i never owned so i cant help you there. Since its happening during a game it may ver well be heat related. Start monitoring your GPU temps and play a game and see if you get BSOD and if you do write down that error code and google it and check the Event Viewer.
  7. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Go to computer right click then manage then ya can pick event viewer from there.
    MadClown says thanks.
  8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
  9. KBD New Member

Thanks Received: