1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3D-detection and BF2

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by marceli7, Jun 25, 2006.

1. marceli7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have strange problem with my new x1900xt (Asus) and ATITool.
    ATIT 3D-Detection changes 2D and 3D profiles without problem when I start some apps like 3DMarks, rthdribl.exe (windowed also!), Riddick and BF Vietnam. But BF2 is a problem. As soon I run this game ATIT goes to 3D profile and stays with it but moment later real core clock drops to strange 399 MHz value (instead dedicated 650). I can see it reading RivaTuner hardware monitoring window. I’ve removed opening movies from BF2 thinking it could help but still no go. Force 3D-Detection in ATIT for BF2 and still the same effect. When I disable 3D-Detection and set 3D profile manually core clock behave like it should and does not drop to 399MHz playing BF2. Any thoughts?

BTW: I can stand ATI “overdrive” thing but I have to use ATITool to bump up fun speed somehow because my temps are to high (near 90C) with default fan speed settings.

2. marceli7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Am I the only one with this "problem"? :cry:

3. Stinger_PY New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's kind of similar to my problem explained here:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=13397

Read my last post, because it's based on this post of another user of this forum (i forgot the name):
    Just use Catalyst 6.3 until a new version of ATITool comes out.

4. marceli7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank You for replay!
    Strange is that I see it only with BF2. It is not a problem with Riddick intros for ex. I am worry that if it is "inside driver thing" it could stays with us forever. :ohwell: Hope I am wrong.