1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4850 HDMI out, and front panel audio!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by Dent1, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    I've got the two 4850s, in crossfire mode.

I have my monitor connected to the main 4850 via DVI.

I also have my AV receiver connected to the main 4850 via HDMI (for audio only)

But my PC keeps on thinking that I'm attempting to run two monitors simultaneously. ATI's drivers picks up my AV receiver as a second monitor which is wrong I just want the audio only.

If I disable HDMI display in ATI's drivers I also loose the audio outputs too.

Also,

I have a headset (microphone and speakers), they use 3.5mm jacks (pink + green) how do I go about connecting them up using the 4850. Is there any way I can connect the 4850 to the front panel audio on my cause.

Thanks again.
  2. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't Vista allow for multiple sound controllers? You could use your onboard audio for the headphones and the HDMI for the receiver.
    Dent1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    lol. I could do that, but ideally I would like to disable onboard sound and just use the 4850 for all my audio needs - but knowbody seems to have a concrete answer so onboard for my front panel audio might be the route I'm forced to go down.
  4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I don't think it can be done.
    Dent1 says thanks.