1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A question about flashing bios

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by sandyman, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sandyman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a triplex 512mb 3870, unfortunatly in atitool and CCC i cannot overclock at all, it keeps jumping back to default clock, original thread here, i was told that purhaps flashing the bios may help solve my problem.

Its something i have never done before so was after a bit of guidance as in which bios to use for my card and which is the best software to do it i.e. atiflash or winflash etc.

Thanks for any help given!

2. Jonny_doe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering the same m8 , i have the same card

3. sandyman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I sent the card back, it doesn't have any of the powerplay features or oc so id recommend same thing, send it back.
    Im getting a HIS ICEQ3 tomorrow from overclockers, here.

Where did you get your from from?

4. Jonny_doe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got it from Scan.co.uk

5. sandyman New Member

Thanks Received:
    You'd be far better off trying to return it and get another 3870, for the sake of a 10er more.
    Its whether scan will take it back, CCL (where i got mine from) actualy have a different picture for item than what i got so i managed to get an RMA pretty easy.

I wouldnt recommend flashing its bios though, as it appears to have physical components missing that other bios' use. You'll probably just brick the card!

edit: the card does run well but you could get way more out of another 3870 brand card.