• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Abit AB9 Pro MB and E8XXX series cpu BIOS :)

paulo7

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling standard atm
Video Card(s) 4870
Storage Samsung F1
Display(s) 24 inch ocuk value (ace4price)
Case Antec 900
Power Supply SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF 650w
Are u using beta bios cybernook listed appears using 15 not 23 revision?

Sure could look up definition stressed in a sec

mex11

Working

I bought e8400 proc. and its workin perfectly on ab9 pro with betabios cyberhook posted ,many thanks cyberhook

Attachments

• E8400.jpg
    E8400.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,461
Last edited:

randomizer

Does this BIOS also have half multipliers? I wonder if it has E7x00 microcode as well. I'd rather just upgrade my CPU than mobo too :D

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5

randomizer

Abit contacted me about my question regarding compatibility with the E7x00 chips, and they sent me the exact same BIOS, so this BIOS must allow half multipliers. Can anyone confirm that (prefereably with an E7200 ;))?

The Bios is confirmed for the "E" series wolfdales. I can not confirm for the QX line. Sorry, you could always try. but no guarantees. However, the "E" 7xxx series should be ok! But works fine for sure for the 8 series.

Last edited:

randomizer

But you said it doesn't have half multipliers and the E7200 uses a 9.5x multi. *confused*

Randomizer, im still running my E4400 on this BIOS, so I have yet to test the half multipliers. Im over seas at the moment, and im not paying euros for a E8400 ;) waiting to go state side to get it. So, as I said, you can try it, but I cannot guarantee. The E7200 was not launched when i got this BIOS, so i dont know. Sorry bro, But it works fine for the E 8XXX as posted in the title ;)

And, if ABIT sent you the same copy, then, im sure they know more about it then I do :)

Last edited:

randomizer

Ah I misunderstood you. Well it looks like I might have to dive in and see what happens. If it doesn't work, a P35-DS3L will appear on my "To Buy" list.

levster

This may be a rather naive question... but if there are no CPUs other than the e8300 how can the BIOS be flashed? :confused:

Can I plug in this CPU and attempt to flash with it?

Thanks!

Well, your in a bind if that is your situation. Most of us already have chips in our Abit boards, so we flash with our old processors then shut down, swap for the new one and boot back up.

levster

Well, your in a bind if that is your situation. Most of us already have chips in our Abit boards, so we flash with our old processors then shut down, swap for the new one and boot back up.

Any idea as to what may happen if I plug in an e**** CPU before flashing the BIOS? Will the PC simply not boot or will the difference in voltage fry the CPU?

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Difference in voltage? Definitely not. It will probably be recognized as something else or run at a different rated speed (underclocked"??").

What's your locale levster?

Any idea as to what may happen if I plug in an e**** CPU before flashing the BIOS? Will the PC simply not boot or will the difference in voltage fry the CPU?

it should not post. Chances are you get a blank screen. But its not going to hurt anything. Perhaps your lucky, and like what is already is said. It might be recognized as some oddball processor.

levster

I am just wondering if I should parasitize my Q6600 out of another PC or wing it and try to update the BIOS with the new proc.

By the way, I have not as yet purchased an e8***. Looking for a good deal.

I am just wondering if I should parasitize my Q6600 out of another PC or wing it and try to update the BIOS with the new proc.

By the way, I have not as yet purchased an e8***. Looking for a good deal.

So, you have the motherboard but no processor for it? The Q6600 will also run in this board. Well, if your waiting for a good deal. Cheack out the past articles on teh TPU home page. Intel is going to be lowering the prices on these soon.

levster

So, you have the motherboard but no processor for it? The Q6600 will also run in this board. Well, if your waiting for a good deal. Cheack out the past articles on teh TPU home page. Intel is going to be lowering the prices on these soon.

I have several PCs and two of them are running Q6600. This PC that I am putting together will be a server, running unRAID system.

I saw the Intel price cuts and that is why I am on the fence for the time being... I don't really need a fast quad CPU but it would be nice to sip rather than devour power with these 45 procs.

I have several PCs and two of them are running Q6600. This PC that I am putting together will be a server, running unRAID system.

I saw the Intel price cuts and that is why I am on the fence for the time being... I don't really need a fast quad CPU but it would be nice to sip rather than devour power with these 45 procs.

Check the for sale forum in here. I know there are people selling the E8400's in there. trading too. BUT, intel is also switching to the G0 stepping on these soon. So, that has everybody in a frenzy becaseu we want to know if the temp bug is fixed and if the OC can go higher. However. Most people have these sitting at about 4.0 Ghz which is already overkill.

sgators

Thanks a million Cybrnook for posting information on this beta. I was stuck until I found it.

I've got this beta (23) working with a wolfdale E7200. The biggest problem so far is that it will only boot consistently from a no power state. It usually hangs just before the windows welcome screen on a restart and this frequently clears the cmos. I think this is exascerbated by my corsair xms2 2x1GB memory though because it works better with some old DDR2 667.

Anyone have an update on an official release?

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
i have abit nf-m2s what about update

i have abit nf-m2s what about update

Sorry Hayder. This thread is really only useful for people with the Abit AB9 Pro motherboard. Which is first, an intel chipset (You run AMD) and second, only for Wolfdale cores? Im not sure what your asking?

Thanks a million Cybrnook for posting information on this beta. I was stuck until I found it.

I've got this beta (23) working with a wolfdale E7200. The biggest problem so far is that it will only boot consistently from a no power state. It usually hangs just before the windows welcome screen on a restart and this frequently clears the cmos. I think this is exascerbated by my corsair xms2 2x1GB memory though because it works better with some old DDR2 667.

Anyone have an update on an official release?

No official Bios yet. I believe they are marking this beta as the official. As they are moving forward with intels new chipsets, im sure they have cut R&D for the P965 chipset.

How high is you OC right now? Usually a pc posting then restarting right before the windows load is dut to a bad oc. Maybe to littel Vcore? Too high OC? If you read above, this BIOS is not guaranteed by me to work on E7200's as they were not released when this BIOS was released. So, im not sure its %100 stable. Is your bios detecting your Chip right? Are your voltages, multipliers, etc right? Check your memory timings and frequency also.

mfkartoz

The Bios is confirmed for the "E" series wolfdales. I can not confirm for the QX line. Sorry, you could always try. but no guarantees. However, the "E" 7xxx series should be ok! But works fine for sure for the 8 series.

I did try out the QX9650 on AB9 Pro with the beta 23 bios and it didn't work. I was able to get the bios setup screen to come up one time only. After that, it would still do a few post codes but then shut off automatically after about a second. I don't remember everything that I saw in bios setup, but what I think that I remember is that it had the FSB running at 333 which resulted in a bit higher than desirable memory speed for my specific memory without raising the DRAM voltage as my memory needs. I think that is where the instability came from. I _think_ that if I put my old processor back in, made all of the exact right settings, and then put the QX9650 back in, it might actually work. Either that or get some sticks of DDR2-1066 so that they won't fail at the higher memory speed.

Bottom line is too much trouble for me at this point. Anyhow, with a different board that "supports" the QX9650, I'm in great shape now.

sgators

No official Bios yet. I believe they are marking this beta as the official. As they are moving forward with intels new chipsets, im sure they have cut R&D for the P965 chipset.

How high is you OC right now? Usually a pc posting then restarting right before the windows load is dut to a bad oc. Maybe to littel Vcore? Too high OC? If you read above, this BIOS is not guaranteed by me to work on E7200's as they were not released when this BIOS was released. So, im not sure its %100 stable. Is your bios detecting your Chip right? Are your voltages, multipliers, etc right? Check your memory timings and frequency also.

No OC. fsb = 266, mult = 9, effective cpu = 2.394GHz, Vcore = 1.1625V

Bios detects the CPU correctly with the beta23 bios. All voltages set as default except DDR2 which I changed to 1.90V per spec for the corsair I have. Memory timings set to 5-5-5-12 per corsair spec. Don't know about memory frequency (?).

In general it has been very stable (had it up for about a week) as long as I use power down instead of a restart. Although I have restarted it a couple of times recently and everything was ok.