• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Adding Heatpipes to a Richland Laptop

Disable UEFI? If you're referring to how Windows is installed in UEFI mode, that was an option I tried after the fact in hopes it would get the A10 working. If you're referring to an option to "Disable UEFI" then I am blind, I don't see it.

The USB Interface Security has "USB Interface", "External Ports" and "CMOS Camera" in it with the same options as the I/O Security, UNLOCKED or LOCKED. It's why I didn't include it.

The Boot Options #1/2/3/4/etc.. Has the 6 options you see on the boot tab and "Disable"
The separate BBS Priorities has the specific boot option and disable.

I also had the PXE and Network Stack disabled previously, again in hopes it was the issue.

I have not tried the "Power Off Energy Saving" though. Maybe i'll give that a try

I don't think there's any other sub panels unfortunately.

If you could reassemble you laptop that would be great but I get the distinct feeling that you K55N is different then mine in some strange way and it's why I can't get my Richland A10 working.

Would setting an admin password be considered enabling secure boot I wonder? I only ask because you brought up secure boot previously.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
Don't think admin password would be it. Yeah I didn't see a disabe uefi option either. Your bios version seems to be the latest at 2.17, im a bit stumped right now, i know its not fun swapping laptop CPU's :(. I should be able to get to it tomorrow or friday, doing a little midnight coding atm.

M00DLES

Sorry to re-resurrect an old thread but I have a k55n as well and am trying to upgrade to a A10-5750M but having the same problem as LightningJR. Did you ever figure out what the secret to getting this to work is? I have looked all over but cant seem to find an answer for the k55n.
Any help would be appreciated

Sorry to re-resurrect an old thread but I have a k55n as well and am trying to upgrade to a A10-5750M but having the same problem as LightningJR. Did you ever figure out what the secret to getting this to work is? I have looked all over but cant seem to find an answer for the k55n.
Any help would be appreciated

No luck, I returned the APU for a refund, you may have to do the same.