• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Advice on my new Aesthetics's buy.....

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
So Below you will find a picture of my system currently.....

2.jpg

Current Setup: The Blue and white is left over from my old build. As you can see my new motherboard and Build is green. So I have decided to update the lighting and other aesthetics to improve the look with my new hardware. I would like some opinions on the things I have already bought and some opinions on things I still may be missing........ You know let me know if I am on the right track.

First up: I want to state... I am currently modding out a Corsair 800D to fit my build. The case I am using will not be it's final home. So keep that in mind.

Fans: Next below you will see the fans I chose.....Apevia UV green Fans 10x120mm and 4x140mm Fans.
I will be cutting out the LED's from these fans as because I think it would be too much green. As well as I am going for the UV look..... not a total green out.

A107-2030-06.jpg

Lighting: I have chosen a UV lighting scheme. The UV source will be coming from Sunbeam LED light stick (Seen below) I own one of these already (Ordered a second) I find them to give off great UV light. It seems all don't agree with me. However if someone else has another suggestions please bring it forward.

ML12UV.jpg

Water Cooling Tube: Next I went back and forth a great deal between Colored additives or colored Water cooling tubing. In the end I chose Colored tubing. Primochill UV green 7/16x5/8. I had really great luck with the blue tubing....and I am sure the green will do just as well. However my biggest concern is the color. Will the green be bright enough? Has anyone used this brand and color tubing before? If so let me know what you thought about it.

TB-1018-1.jpg

Sleeving: Last I decided I am going to take the plunge and sleeve my whole PSU. However I have not bought the sleeving yet. I am looking for suggestions on colors and brands. I have never done a whole PSU before so this I need a little guidance on. Any suggestions?

So guys please look this over... and give suggestions. I could really use another set of eyes guys.

lindy

System Name Infernal Contraption
Processor AMD FX 8150
Motherboard Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
Cooling Antec Kuhler H20 620
Memory 16 gig. Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 LP
Video Card(s) Galaxy/Nvidia GTX 560 2gb
Storage OCZ 60g. SSD/Seagate 2Tb. 7200rpm
Display(s) Asus
Case Lian Li PC-60FN
Audio Device(s) Onboard HD
Power Supply Seasonic X750
Software Win. 7 Ult. 64/ SUSE 12.1 64
Blue, green, and black... What's not to like. I don't have any personal experience with Primochill UV tubing so I can't comment on it. I take it you're planning on sleeving each individual wire? Take plenty of pictures, label the plugs, and number the wires, and shrink tube is a lot easier to do with a heat gun. As for color, well you already have green, blue, and black going, so if it were me I'd stick with that. Work out a pattern you can live with and go to town. You can make a jig with a couple of small pieces of wood for cutting your heat shrink with so they'll all come out the same length. The biggest thing though is to take your time, be fussy, and get it right the first time. :)