1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aliens Vs Predator Screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by Crusader, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    no the game-play feels very dated and not great game IMO, Seems like regurgitated game-play that's been done so many times and failed. I also think it also looks like crap for all the hype that was surrounding it.

As you said each to his own tho.

2. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    this game is bloody awsome, im lovin it, only played as the marines. an at first i thought it was stupidly hard i mean i couldnt tell where the predators were when their loked and the aliens just jump about so much i crnt hit them. But you notice little things like the shimmer when a predator is cloked. Im really likein this. an you really need to rely on your sensor thing likein the films

3. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah as a marine your not hunting insurgents.. your hunting GDamn aliens and predators!

Im just hoping the final is much more stable.

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    SP is were the games i bet.

Well we don't need another "Can We Play It" and when you can you find out the game sucks anyways lol. So graphics are just right IMO.

Never liked it for one reason or another they looked kinda plastic and round.

5. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Possible Spoiler ALERT and 56k warning

More screens from the Alien campaign, may contain spoilers so if you don't want to know about them then don't look :)
    May feature pictures of;
    scenery
    mutilation/gore
    motion blur (lol)

These are NOT in DX11 due to the whole "AvP doesn't detect most DX11 hardware" thing, very slightly more explained here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that isn't too many in one post...

6. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    I'm about half way through the marine campain and probably the most challenging and exciting out of all 3. Very realisitc with the aliens blending in the walls and poping out giving me a heart attack :laugh:

7. YautjaLord

YautjaLord

Thanks Received:
    I have played the demo as well. True, i agree that @ 1st the getting to controls sucks & sometimes the controls were unresponsive on me. :laugh: But as someone of you said - each one & his own preferrance/taste/etc... I definetelly liked the demo (while it lasted). Still the way i see it - i am a fan of the series & i'll buy the game eventually, plus i got used to the controls in the demo & i don't think that's gonna change once i'll buy the full game. BTW : i got used pretty much to any species controls, be it Marine, Xeno or Pred, but the most enjoyable experience is with Pred, since i always loved to play as this beast & since my first sci-fi horror movie was the '87 Predator, Aliens & Alien came after that. Back to topic : as soon as i get this game, i'll post both SP & MP screenies of the gameplay, 1st Pred then other 2.

Bout visuals ? Demo looked impressive, nothing earth-shattering true, but still the models, the details, the way Trophy/StealthKills, Focus Attacks, etc... look - impressive. I can even say the facial animation for Humans, the unmasked Pred's faces, the head of Xeno, everything that moves look on par with Crysis. Atleast, it's the way i saw it in demo. And yeah i agree (but who doesn't) - DX11 Tesselation stuff is commercial gimmick. Call of Pripyat have the same technology but i don't see people rushing to PC store to buy that ATI's 5870 all of a sudden just for 1 game. No need to panic cause of that alone, better off get used to controls to play as either of 3 species in DM/FFA or Hunt for now. :)

8. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would post some screens but i'm too lazy Lol nah i'll post some in a bit guys.

9. commando55555 New Member

Thanks Received:
    here are some screen shots with direct x11 everything high 4x anti-aliasing 16x anisotrpic filtering dual 5870.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dazzeerr

Dazzeerr New Member

Thanks Received:
    That looks beautiful. Is the singleplayer worth the purchase 'cos I was unimpressed with the multiplayer demo, AvP2 seemed much better somehow.

11. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the lighting in that does look pretty damn good if I do say so myself. The SP is quite good, but I completed all three campaigns in umm, around 10 hours give or take one or two on Hard setting. So personally I don't think the $70 pricetag (it has on Steam in Aus) is worth that alone.

The multi in the full version has potential, but they didn't included dedicated servers with the full release (pretty much nailed themselves to the stake with that), so if I was you I'd either pirate it for the SP alone, or wait a month or two until the dedicated servers "supposedly" come out in full force and the online community picks up.

So yeah, wait until the game has matured more and it should be money well spent IMO.

12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i can't get DX11 to work on my game it just crashes all the time even though i got windows to detect my hardware is DX11.
    Well anyways heres my screenshot of AVP in DX9@1680x1050 very high settings/high settings 4x Anti-sopic filters.
    [​IMG]

13. KieX

Thanks Received:
    I thought there was something wrong with my computer when I was playing this game in SP as alien. Good to see it's not my computer. But why one earth did they make that horrible post-processed half-vectorish half-posterized look for the alien campain? Gah! At least the game is great fun, so it doesn't matter as much.

14. TVman

TVman New Member

Thanks Received:
    i played thru the marine campaign then uninstalled the game and through it in the drawer of failed games:(
    EDIT:i do have do say it had an old school FPS feel to it,if you know what i mean:eek:

15. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    some pics off the start of the Marine campaign "Playing Nightmare" I died soon after the first Alien Lol All settings on High!

pantherx12 says thanks.
  16. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't look like you have AA turned on by the way.

17. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    AA is a DX11 only option in this game in case anyone doesn't know. He's only running two 4850's, so yeah.

18. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    this is DX11 setting right, what about putting two images and show the different between DX11 and default DX setting, it will be cool and i will be thankful

19. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would but dx9 wont load for me only 11

ive had this game since launch and i just realized that tessalation had been off this entire time until about 10 minutes ago...

wow

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  20. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    with tessallation on... biggest diff is in the hair and closeup objects

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With tessallation tweaked out and ap restarted... insane!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  21. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Get yourself a Dx11 gpu and turn everything up and then tell me if it looks like crap!

I was playing this game for a week with Dx11 junk off and I didnt even know it! For the past hour I have been friggin blown away by the tessallation and other features! It looks rediculous

22. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    dude how did you get your DX11 to work i can't get mine to work :S it just crashes

23. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Is this game worth picking up?

24. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    this is my opinion and im a hardcore fps shooter, if you dont beleive me i can show you my collection of game thatll make you poop your pants well into the hundreds, this game is awesome, people that say overhyped blah blah blah waaaaaaaaaaah then a box of tissues exsplode when they launch there face into them to absorb all there tears dont know what there missing or possible dont have the computer to run the game in all its glory, i love the gameplay the shooting is satisfying. 3 campaigns, multiplayer needs work but that will come in time, sounds are awesome with good surroind sound system and sound card, graphics are great even running dx10.1 there great cant wait till i can run em dx11 ill play threw all the campaigns again. dated how. take a game from 5 years ago and put it against this one, its has a good story good voice acting. Just shush.

25. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Don't throw it in the failed game drawer, send it to me.

It looks pretty damn awesome. I don't need revolutionary, just fun. I liked Timeshift and it didn't get good reviews at all.