1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Am I the only one who feels Diablo 3 isn't that great?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phusius, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just seems kind of bland to me. Just wondering I am alone in this.
  2. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Ross211, hellrazor, Lionheart and 2 others say thanks.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes. You are forever alone.
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I really don't know one way or another, but if you're going to start at thread about it, at least explain and specify what you mean in at least a little detail. Otherwise this thread comes off as pedestrian, short sighted and/or "trolling" as the kids like to say. So please, explain or I'll just shut this down.

Thank you.
    D007 says thanks.
  5. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't just did not seem all that great to me. I played a Barbarian to level 12, and all other classes to level 5.

All I did the entire 12 levels was left click at enemies as my barbarian, I rarely had to use any other abilities then my primary attack. I know it is early levels, but I don't know, the game just didn't scream at me innovative or fun.

edit: also I never died once or came close to dying, just left clicked blindly the entire way to the end fight. I know it was normal mode... but still...
  6. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    It's Diablo, not rocket science. The series is supposed to make your mouse scream for mercy.
    Ross211 and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you play the previous Diablo games? Did you do any research before purchasing/playing the game. The things you list are very much what the game is like. Many, many people find this enjoyable.

Now, this is something that shouldn't get people upset in any way as different people like different things. You're just in the minority on the issue.
    Phusius says thanks.
  8. option350z

option350z New Member

Thanks Received:
    As quoted from my hardcore Diablo playing friends, they did make number three easier in that aspect. Doesn't mean it isn't as good but heck it allows for noobs to play considering a lot of people I know who played WOW didn't play Diablo as well. Strange people I know.
  9. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I hope you're not just refering to the beta, because if you are, you haven't event tasted the game yet. Erocker, I'm not satisfied with the response. :shadedshu

I also don't believe D2 was 100% button mashing. Just 90%. :)
  10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    It's Diablo 3 and no Diablo.. It has the feel of Diablo but it's not as creepy and bloody as Diablo looked then again Diablo 2 wasn't either.

Seems more cartoon style to me and less of a mature. But a lot of people get disturbed by different things so maybe that more of the reason.
    Phusius says thanks.
  11. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    I agree... i like rpgs that are more like Risen/Risen 2, and Oblivion series, mass effect, witcher 2 etc. Diablo is alot of fun if you don't expect anything crazy.
    Phusius says thanks.
  12. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    LOL at people complaining about the tutorial being dull and too easy.
    Yes Blizzard did state that Act 1 and normal difficulty is basically a tutorial.
  13. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is not my main complaint Zub, I never played Diablo 1 or 2, and I just didn't realize all there was to it was left clicking with your primary attack 99% of the time. Yeah, I know it would get complicated later on, but this game just isn't for everyone. I really don't see it beating SC2 in sales either, we will see. We know it won't even match WoW, I don't think anything ever will reach that 15 million or w.e mark ever again.
  14. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't specifically pointing at you, but yes I do understand that this type of hack and slash RPG isn't for everyone ;)
    On the other hand, Diablo 3 already sold 3 million copies before launch, and Diablo 2 didn't sell all 15 million copies on day 1 either.
  15. Inceptor

Inceptor

Thanks Received:
    Maybe that's just a sign of the times. The original game was released at the height of X-files fame, and the semi-normalness of things weird and fringe. The 'darkness' of the late nineties, before the turn of the millennium.
    There's been a lot of backlash from 'concerned citizens' regarding gratuitous gore and violence, in the last handful of years. Especially now that game graphics are so much more real looking.
  16. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Captain.Abrecan and Phusius say thanks.
  17. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Never heard of Torchlight 2, I might pick this up now, thanks.
  18. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    Captain.Abrecan says thanks.
  19. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Torchlight is like Diablo 2. Play Diablo 2 instead.

And I love how quickly arguments on the internet boils down to "fags". Those pictures are retarded. I've only played the beta but that felt pretty good. It feels like cartoonish means anything not like the originals or crysis.

The main problem is that people have huuuuuuugge expactaions. They except the coming of Jesus, the liberation of the jews, the burning of Babylon and the fall of the MAN all in one. So as that forum guy said: Stop it.
    Zubasa says thanks.
  20. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    I thoroughly enjoyed Torchlight, if that makes me a "fag" in the view of a number of observers, I will wear my tiara with pride.

Sad that a sexual preference is still used as a form of insult, but we are making progress, even if such enlightenment has yet to reach the further recesses of Diablo/Torchlight users groups.
  21. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    It did looks pretty good to me. you are probably one of the few who doesn't like it :laugh:

Not everything cartoonish automatically sucks. for example I thought DotA 2 was gonna suck because of the cartoonish graphics + the old source engine but I still ended up playing the beta alot.

If you like the old style Diablo then just play Diablo II, if you want a different D3 game from the one being released then just make your own game/play others. Diablo III isn't the only game out there. If you don't like it, Don't play it. :roll:

Not all games are for everyone. Sure felt it bland to some people, just like any other game out there. Give me a game that literally everyone liked.

and I also play Torchlight and is waiting for 2 :toast:
  22. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Blizzcon 10 was all about D3. Just insane how overly hyped it was when I was there. Was a sign of how poor Cataclysm would be. A sign I should have heeded. But every time I saw the shots of D3 or the beta being played, it just did not impress me. Blizz doesn't seem to have the same quality as they used to. At least to me.

I would agree on Torchlight, although I never liked the controls of the first game. Nor the insane amount of loot drops. Never did finish it. Guess I better before Torch 2 comes out. I do plan to buy it for sure. There is good fun to be had in Torchlight.
  23. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    You may change your mind once you have found several "rare", "legendary" or "set" weapons/items. Seriously, it's all about looting and grinding in the Diablo games, so if you don't like that type of gameplay, then I guess, you bought the wrong game.
  24. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    are those pictures above by UFGY20 legit? cause if Diablo 3 could have looked like that... then holy crap... Blizz really did disappoint.
  25. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    badass architecture in the pics above in what it could have been