1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Amazon Sells 17 Wiis Per Second

Discussion in 'News' started by Jimmy 2004, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Online retailer Amazon.com has revealed that it managed to sell an average of 17 Wii consoles per second whilst they were in stock during the build up to the holiday season, with Super Mario Galaxy and Call of Duty 4 being the top selling video games. The company is claiming that the Christmas period this year was its most successful to date, with Monday 10th December being the busiest day when it received orders for 5.4 million items.

Source: Next Generation

2. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Wow...thats the same rate that my frames change in Crysis when its maxed....BAA ZING:p

3. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    whoa, thats a lot!

4. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Got to hand it to Nintendo theyve did what no other console or pc maker had the audacity to do make a system that can be played by all not just debliberatly looking at the teenage market.

5. Duxx Guest

That is quite an amazing feet if i do say so myself. Not my cup of tea though.

6. Dangle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, they sold out. It's about $$$ to Nintendo rather than producing a good product.

7. reverze

Thanks Received:
    Holy..... :eek:

8. ryboto

ryboto New Member

Thanks Received:
    so, millions of people who own one, and enjoy it, and think it's good are wrong? Isn't this the same argument people make about the Halo series? Just because it sells doesn't mean it's good? The machine is fun to play, maybe not for hours and hours, but who really has the time for that anyway?

9. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Thats about 1.4 million a day i think :eek:

10. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    cool go nintendo

11. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Off topic. That made me lol

On topic. :twitch:

12. Weer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why do people always try to challenge the Anti-Wii movement? There is no point..

You assume that everyone who buys a Wii enjoys it.. that is wrong. Anyone older than 10 can easily see it's a gamecube with a gimmicky controller. Sure it's fun, but it's a waste of money.

You assume that just because it's fun that automatically means it's worth the money.. that is wrong. You can buy an Xbox 360 and get a REAL console.

You assume that just because something sells, then it's good.. that is wrong-ish. Yes, it's good, but it's not great, and when you can spend an extra 30$ and get someone that is fantastic, you'd have to be a complete moron to buy a Wii.

The reason the Wii sells so well is because Nintendo is cheating people out of their hard-earn cash. No one but us knows that the Wii is a gamecube, under a new label. Everyone else thinks they're getting a next-generation console for 250$.. and most of the people who are stupid enough to think so, are also at least somewhat satisfied with their purchase.
    The people are getting a bad product and being happy about it.. I guess this proves that the people get what they want, and that most people are idiots.. but then, did we really need that proven? No, but the fact that Nintendo is taking advantage of this and making millions, just has.

/justified rant

13. Rurouni Strife New Member

Thanks Received:
    Weer,
    You can feel the way you want to. I happen to be 21 and love the Wii. Oh, I'm not stupid too. Probably should throw that out there.
    The Wii is a slightly enhanced Gamecube w/ a gimmicky controller sure. But the gimmicky controller is Fun to play with when it is used properly. I played Metroid 3 and i loved the use of the remote. Sure I can't play a title that looks like Halo 3 but if you HAVE TO HAVE Halo 3 graphics or else it sucks...then you should try to open your horizons a little more. Mario Galaxy is hella fun and I'm not a huge Mario fan. And it's good to see Nintendo making money again. Tons of money. Like...its probably unfathomable.
    /defensive rant
    haha.

14. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Weer - you and the Wii is like me and Xbox. I feel I'd be getting ripped off if I bought one :)

Just different strokes for different folks.

15. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree. I dont like the motion stuff its not that great and the only reason i have one is for Super Smash bros. I havent played mine since I got it after launch... there are no good games for it atm.

16. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    wow, 17WPS!

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    I love my Wii, I play with it every day.

I used it for browsing as well when my shitty internet goes down... I simply hook up on my neighbor's wireless with it!

I love Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Twilight Princess, and Mario Galaxy.

18. Dangle New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1

Thank god Smash Bros doesn't use motion sensing.

The wiimote doesn't work like it was advertised to pre-launch. It's imprecise, jittery, and extremely unreliable. Instead of making stabbing or swiping motions like the false-ads led us to believe, you have shake the wiimote or the nunchuck to perform those attacks - ghey.

MSFT and SONY both lose money on their consoles. That means you're getting more than what you pay for...

19. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather pay less and get a car, than pay more and get a truck! -

20. BloodTotal

BloodTotal New Member

Thanks Received:
    if that was a little smaller I would have put that into my sig :roll:

21. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea when I played TP I was like, WTF. I just had to shake the remote to swing the sword and it was pretty gay. Same with pretty much every other game on it. Waste of money imo