1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix Update Driver Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 19, 2011.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    So, this hotfix also works with HD5000 series cards? And MLAA is enabled by default without hacking the INF ? If true, i might give it a try.

2. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Id stay far away from this driver if your using a 5 series card... *buggalugs* said it worked for him, but not for me.... I know how to do a clean ccc install and this driver fucked my system to the point of no return.

I couldn't even get into safe mode to remove the driver, Even pulling the gpu out and using an 8800gt I was still screwed!!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  3. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    not everyones pc and system is the same tho fullinfusion it works fine on mine no crashes all games still work fine some better im happy tho i am happy too to except that it can go wrong'

as i have done what you have done a few times and i found it to be driver sweeper over zelously deleting drivers every time, i never ever use it now and run hybrid physx gt240 plus my 5870 with morpho working flawlessly plus now tesselation overide and the splendid for fps but shit for quality surface optimisations all work fine now

fullinfusion says thanks.
  4. mysticjon New Member

Thanks Received:
    why does the download link go to google?

5. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Yeah you right :eek: I edited the post. Im thinking that maybe the Windows SP1 I installed last night may be the blame sense its just still a Beta...

6. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Clicky the google'd Media fire.com link and choose your flavor :D

mysticjon says thanks.
  7. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I have both SP1 and Cat 11.1a installed, everything is flawless

8. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    fullinfusion i did same m8 allways just throw latest on with complete disregard for pre bakup thats why i said before about driver sweeper it has wiped on 2 occasions more then i bargained on and led me to full fresh install i stopped using it,

no probs now i allways over install then delete the temp folders in c (they no longer matter much (ssd)) even over install then mod to hybrid my physx and thats after ive accidentally updated it to a point where it sussed the atis presence and refused physx, just over installed and modded and on ocasion use amd's/nv's own uninstaller

ps 11.1 have defo working tesselation on mine tried many benches got 22326 gpu in vantage and 5214 in 3dmark11 basic gypo setting as well as 12560 in unigine all in 1280x1024 in std performance benches defo better drivers these.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  9. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Mabey I got a bumed D/L?

Or just because im using a 5970 series gpu?

God I wana try again but.... I benn sitting here most of the day re-installing everything again...

I'll tell ya what, as soon as I get everything finished and save an Image then I'll try again.

10. TAViX Guest

Just wait for the final release. Only a couple of days now. I heard this driver is a definitely no-no for 5*** series....

11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know why you want to try them on 5xxx cards anyway, it didn't state any changes for them right?

12. inferKNOX

inferKNOX

Thanks Received:
    You know, for all you people that tend to complain about driver stability, I thought I aught to just add that I have never had driver issues when installing one Catalyst over another.

Once, however, I thought I'd see what all the hype about DriverCleaner.Net was about and I tried removing the drivers with it. Suffice it to say, that eventually when I did manage to get my system stable enough to use, it still had so many annoying random glitches that I re-installed the OS to be done with them.
    Carrying on from that experience, I went back to my old method of simply installing the new ones over the old. Haven't had a problem since.:) Of course there are some driver-based bugs here and there, but no issues with stability.

Now, I may have done something I shouldn't have, but if you're using 3rd party driver cleaners and are having stability issues, you aught to ask yourself if you might be having the same trouble I did, all because you're trying to use a sword for what needs a scalpel.;)
    All in all, what I'm trying to say is, before you say you're not upgrading to a new version over stability concerns, be sure that it is in fact the drivers causing the problems you're afraid of, not your over-tinkering.

13. truehighroller1 New Member

Thanks Received:

I've noticed that if you leave the stuff in the, YourUserNameHere\appdata\Local\Ati\ and, YourUsernameHere\appdata\Roaming\Ati\ folders. Which are hidden as well so you need to enable show hidden folders and files under you appearance preferences for folder options. You run in to issues.

If you delete the stuff inside those two ati folders and delete the ATI root folder C:\ATI " NOT THE AMD folder, just the ATI folder. ", everything goes smoothly every time. That is a fact that should help people out allot..

I've noticed this since Vista came out and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

:toast:

14. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Update, I was able to get this driver working on my 5970.
    It has all the options now. I just ran the installer over the 10.12 hot fix driver and its working. now to run some numbers.

15. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    I dont have any problems either, but i uninstall the old driver/reboot/then install the new driver. Been doing that for many ATI cards going back 10 years. I really dont understand how people have problems, i mean once in a while maybe but if you have problems driver after driver something is wrong.

16. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes I make shit up, just becuase I work for someone else and I like to shit on their products.