• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL Driver Suite Released

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Ever since installing this been having sound issue's though HDMI though a A/V even after uninstalling the sound drivers and using last months when last months have been great until i installed this.

Been seeing a lot more stutter to but only in Witcher 2 were frame rates are great but the game has real small but noticeable slow downs which again were it was a no issue before..

I've noticed with Witcher 2 that it likes to read from the HDD a lot. I started getting occasional slowdowns and a very infrequent stutter and a good defrag took care of it. As for the sound you could try uninstalling the HD audio driver through the ATi uninstaller in the Control Panel and install 11.5's. Who knows, your stuttering issue might have something to do with the sound drivers as well.

These drivers have been solid for me, no issues and the upper right mouse lag has been fixed and I no longer get a somewhat rare Dirt 3 crash anymore.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I've got a few apps in a list I submitted to AMD; been palying a couple fo games where this driver blurrs the image so much as to be unplayable, as it doesn't set aspect ratio correctly for my monitor. Had the same problem wit h10.5, but the 10.5a hotfix fixed the problem. Reverted back to the hotfix driver.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I've noticed with Witcher 2 that it likes to read from the HDD a lot. I started getting occasional slowdowns and a very infrequent stutter and a good defrag took care of it. As for the sound you could try uninstalling the HD audio driver through the ATi uninstaller in the Control Panel and install 11.5's. Who knows, your stuttering issue might have something to do with the sound drivers as well.

These drivers have been solid for me, no issues and the upper right mouse lag has been fixed and I no longer get a somewhat rare Dirt 3 crash anymore.

Witcher's on Raided SSD, and already tried removing the audio drivers but leaving the video drivers.

I'll just remove the whole 11.6 package and see how that goes as i have seen no other difference with them anyways.

They messed them up or some thing as how can i have a picture but no sound same freaking cable and yes tried changing cables which i thought be pointless which it was unless the video card went faulty same time as i installed the 11.6's.

Mouse lag i heard people complaining about that but that's just CF right ?. That crap would piss me of totally with me having my task bar at the top of the screen.

More i think about it it makes me think that the CPU is starting to not be fast enough for these games i guess that time had to come sooner or later.

Actually there is another game which is Men Of War but i think that's just a badly finished game which either give bad frame rate to ATI users or\and CPU cannot keep up as it always plays like crap. The people i play that with use nVidia cards and i7's which they say they play without issue. Although that game does play better in single player and have heard there is network issues with that game for some. Anyways this is not related to these drivers.

I've got a few apps in a list I submitted to AMD; been palying a couple fo games where this driver blurrs the image so much as to be unplayable, as it doesn't set aspect ratio correctly for my monitor. Had the same problem wit h10.5, but the 10.5a hotfix fixed the problem. Reverted back to the hotfix driver.

I find the picture or text is not as sharp when using that Morphological Filtering.